🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I went on a casual drive the other day and came across a TVA park that opened in 1951. As we drove around the park I saw several old concrete picnic tables and a couple of old basketball courts. One was with two goals and the other with one. But the one thing that I saw that I would like to check out was an old foundation in the woods near a picnic area. I downloaded a TVA permit form to mail in so I can have it before I hunt there. My question is can you detect anywhere on the TVA land or is it limited? Has anyone else hunted TVA property before and if so how did you do?

ResearchandRecovery

Aug 9, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
treasurehound said:
My wife and I went on a casual drive the other day and came across a TVA park that opened in 1951. As we drove around the park I saw several old concrete picnic tables and a couple of old basketball courts. One was with two goals and the other with one. But the one thing that I saw that I would like to check out was an old foundation in the woods near a picnic area. I downloaded a TVA permit form to mail in so I can have it before I hunt there. My question is can you detect anywhere on the TVA land or is it limited? Has anyone else hunted TVA property before and if so how did you do?

On the application you downloaded and filled out, you should see the guidelines which state:
Metal Detectors may be used in TVA property in the following locations:
-Within formal swimming areas
-Within the designated boundaries of TVA Campgrounds
(campsite must be unoccupied)
-Immediately adjacent to public launching ramps(within 100 feet)
-Parking areas associated within any of the above

I would advise not to bend TVA's rules and abide strictly to them. :thumbsup:

-Ian

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ian - Thank you. This park is a typical park with shelters, grills, swings sets and a boat ramp. There are no swimming area or camping area. Looks like I may have to pass this one up. I am a former law enforcement officer and I do abide all laws. I might talk to an officer as a last resort but the way I see it there are plenty of other places to go.

ResearchandRecovery

Aug 9, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
treasurehound said:
Ian - Thank you. This park is a typical park with shelters, grills, swings sets and a boat ramp. There are no swimming area or camping area. Looks like I may have to pass this one up. I am a former law enforcement officer and I do abide all laws. I might talk to an officer as a last resort but the way I see it there are plenty of other places to go.

Yeah, you might be able to speak with an officer to get some clarification on the policies... But, like you said, there are always other spots to hit. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

-Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions