Two Days,Three Places,And Four Great Finds,One I Consider My Best Ever!!!!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,one week from my last find which I believe is a Irish Halfpenny 1682 Charles 2nd.Was found near the cob I found last week,(1st pic).I went again this friday to a couple of other places I've researched,and the first place turned up a Braided Hair Large Cent,and a 1853 Half Dime and some sort of knife,and a adze.Also buttons, the normal chunks of lead,and more teeth almost everytime I find two or three of them.But just like the 4th of july there was a grand finale at the end of my hunt yesterday!!! :o. For me it was a dream come true,see I have looked shorelines relic hunted alot of places,and worked on the water pretty much all my life,commercial fishing all up and down the east coast.I've seen peices of them I knew they had been around, BUT NEVER FOUND A WHOLE ONE TILL NOW!!! ;D ;D ;D.There it was pretty as a picture washed out of the shoreline laying on a pile of old bricks from the place I had researched.I couldn't beleive it.! 1700 To 1740 circa. black glass English mallet wine bottle.I couldn't beleive I had finally found one no chips,cracks at all!

Attachments

• !1untitled10.jpg
    !1untitled10.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,038
  • !2untitled6.jpg
    !2untitled6.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,036
  • !3untitled9.jpg
    !3untitled9.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,022
  • !4untitled14.jpg
    !4untitled14.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,024
  • !5untitled4.jpg
    !5untitled4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,009
  • !10untitled11.jpg
    !10untitled11.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • !9untitled3.jpg
    !9untitled3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,005
  • !8untitled1.jpg
    !8untitled1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,013
  • !7untitled15.jpg
    !7untitled15.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,002
  • !6untitled5.jpg
    !6untitled5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,009
  • !11untitled12.jpg
    !11untitled12.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,987
  • !12untitled13.jpg
    !12untitled13.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,969
Upvote 0
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
This has to be the top post on Tnet this week. Fantastic finds! That bottle is a Rare find for sure. And the old coins are just the icing. I missed the cob post I think. Got a link?

Best Wishes

Buckles
Thanks Buckleboy, Not sure,but should be able to look under my post and you can find them there under todays finds,titled Two Day Weekened Bonanza!!,and Got Back At It Today Two More Great Finds!!
Thanks Again,Timekiller

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know how I missed this post. Wow, that bottle is killer!!!! That would make my Colonial day even more Colonial. :headbang: I enjoy your threads and finds, so keep them coming.

Kirk

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Sweet Colonial bottle, timekiller! North Carolina is a top dog when it comes to Colonial relics.

Keep on posting your early relic finds!

Kyle

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Sweet Colonial bottle, timekiller! North Carolina is a top dog when it comes to Colonial relics.

Keep on posting your early relic finds!

Kyle
Yea Guy's, Pa. looks like the place to be too! Were a little more luckier in are states cause of so much history! You guy's keep at it to. :icon_pirat:
Thanks Kyle,KirkPa

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Okay,one week from my last find which I believe is a Irish Halfpenny 1682 Charles 2nd.Was found near the cob I found last week,(1st pic).I went again this friday to a couple of other places I've researched,and the first place turned up a Braided Hair Large Cent,and a 1853 Half Dime and some sort of knife,and a adze.Also buttons, the normal chunks of lead,and more teeth almost everytime I find two or three of them.But just like the 4th of july there was a grand finale at the end of my hunt yesterday!!! :o. For me it was a dream come true,see I have looked shorelines relic hunted alot of places,and worked on the water pretty much all my life,commercial fishing all up and down the east coast.I've seen peices of them I knew they had been around, BUT NEVER FOUND A WHOLE ONE TILL NOW!!! ;D ;D ;D.There it was pretty as a picture washed out of the shoreline laying on a pile of old bricks from the place I had researched.I couldn't beleive it.! 1700 To 1740 circa. black glass English mallet wine bottle.I couldn't beleive I had finally found one no chips,cracks at all!
Hey Tneters,Just got back from the maritime museum.Finaly got up with the archaeologist there,he is one of the ones working on the Queen Anns Revenge.He confirmed that it was from the 1740-1750's circa.He also said that it was the only one he had seen come in other then those off the wreck,and from the area I found it, haven't heard of any.
Timekiller

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
As an old bottle collector, as soon as I saw that very special bottle, my mouth started watering and I started gibbering...wait maybe that was the meds...lol. Great find and I will add...BANNER

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Heres some more Pictures I've took of the bottle!

Attachments

• 000_0004_01.jpg
    000_0004_01.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 000_0005_01.jpg
    000_0005_01.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 000_0006_01.jpg
    000_0006_01.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 342
  • 000_0007_01.jpg
    000_0007_01.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 345
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
As an old bottle collector, as soon as I saw that very special bottle, my mouth started watering and I started gibbering...wait maybe that was the meds...lol. Great find and I will add...BANNER
Thanks oldgoat for your comments,Watch those meds. though they had me on some awhile back.They hit me hard I got sick ended up one morning after taking a dose head down in the bathroom over the bath tub past out.Needless to say I,m not taking any more of them!Ended up with a big Hospital bill for that. :(

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
I am checking in again to say "bottle: awesome, Pleistocene mammal teeth: awesome."

The early glass is beautiful, I like in particular the chunky applied and formed lips.

I am really envious of all of the teeth you get to find.
Thanks plehbah,The teeth are neat.Just can't handle them much,after they begin to dry they tend to want to start flaking up fall apart.

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
very nice coins and great job eyeballing the bottle!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread