Two Loomis Half boxes I consider dreams

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Last weeks Loomis box had the most 90%'s I have ever gotten. Total of 12 and two 40%'s. There were 10 walkers dating from 1918 through 1947 and the two '64 Kennedys. Big smile after that box. Todays Loomis boxes. #1 Skunk. #2, a different story.

5 '64 Kennedy's
54 40% halves, 1965 through 1969. Happy again.

Will try to get daughters camera and take pick of these finds and post soon. Buffaloboy can verify I shoot straight about finds. HH to all of you.

Upvote 0

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I got a nice Loomis box today also, no 90%er's but it had 57 40%'s and 3 proofs (clad). I'm down in Venice Fl. My box was my best ever. Congratulations on your good box, hopefully there are more where they came from.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smitty, incredible box, if anybody deserves it, it is surely you, you're always getting skunk half dollar boxes, like I said, you just never know when a stray box will pop up loaded. Real happy to see that,
HH,
Buff

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow sounds like those loomis boxes are great! i've never gotten one, only loomis dimes

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
usernameerror said:
Is there any way to see which company supplies the boxes? Does it say "Loomis" on the box?

You can just ask the tellers. The vault teller at my bank is very friendly. One of the other tellers there went to high school with me so we are pretty good friends. :)

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Is there any way to see which company supplies the boxes? Does it say "Loomis" on the box?

You can sit in the parking lot of the Bank when you know they are getting their coins and watch for the truck and see if it says Loomis or just ask the Tellers. Generally, Brinks boxes will say Brinks on them, have clear wrappers, and they hold (stack) the coins differently than Loomis boxes. Loomis boxes have holes in the bottom where you can see the coins which helps to check for boxes of brand new coins with dimes and nickels. Just because they are Loomis boxes does not mean that they are going to be good. I have only gotten Brinks and Loomis so I don't know how the other companies boxes are.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis boxes that I've seen don't have the holes, and it does say loomis on the box.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grea finds. Very cool if you could post some pics, too. Well done!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions