First Ben Finally!

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After about 10 weeks of searching I finally found my first Ben! Its a 1953 D in really rough shape but it was a pleasant surprise after 5 straight skunk boxes. It was also in the last roll of the box which was exciting! I have 4 more boxes to pick up tomorrow in which I hope there are more! I just had to brag so thanks for reading! and one of the tellers I order from has started ordering of his own which I thought was funny. keep on hunting guys!

Attachments

• 1953half.jpg
    1953half.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 1953half2.jpg
    1953half2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Its always fun to find a pre Ken half. My heart skips a beat when I see a worn silver edge...is it a WL, a Ben, or...

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure Namster, when I saw the edge I knew I had something and I got exactly what I was hoping for! My next goal for halfs is a silver proof but those seem hard to come by!

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I CRH the Bay Area in California. The boxes have been very slow for me and I have found most of my silvers in CWR. I have never found a silver dime out of the 10 boxes I have gone through so I figured they are dry in my area. Started in March.

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Numismaniac a Barber Half would be amazing to find in a box. I know its been done but I figure the only way I will find one is through a CWR. I found a Walker about a month ago in a CWR along with 3 other 90% kennedy halfs, it was a rush I won't forget anytime soon. Keep on hunting!

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed a lot more Franklins around recently. And try getting dimes at different banks, even if you don't have an account with them. Tellers love getting rid of CWR's so they don't have to count them at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CrhStreetWalker - East Bay Area

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Always something special about finding that first one...congrats! Hopefully there will be many more out there for you...

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it must be you who the tellers are talking about when they say someone just came in and cleared them out of halves!

haha Are you hunting the East Bay also? What parts? I have come across two other half searchers although I don't think they noticed me in the bank. I mark & dump all my halfs in certain ways by the way.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
All of them? That must take a while! :laughing7: Do you do the circle with an X in it?

And I get around a lot, but mostly Oakland and Berkeley. I've only seen one other searcher. Saw him picking up nickels in Walnut Creek, and then later that day a teller in Lafayette was saying how some guy that just came in took all of theirs.

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of them? That must take a while! :laughing7: Do you do the circle with an X in it?

And I get around a lot, but mostly Oakland and Berkeley. I've only seen one other searcher. Saw him picking up nickels in Walnut Creek, and then later that day a teller in Lafayette was saying how some guy that just came in took all of theirs.

I do Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Dublin, Livermore, Danville, Alamo, and San Ramon depending on what Im doing. Lafayette is very competitive as tellers tell me all the time that people are always in the banks looking for halfs. I mark all my rolls with a Z at the top and a few coins with a small Z.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread