Two Mercs, and a War Nickle, the silver continues (with a snake thrown in for luck)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Wife jumped up excitedly and gave a war whoop of some sort as she hurried over to show me her find. Yep, she had found the first silver, a 36 Merc and was rubbing it in. Even after I found the 39 Merc, she claimed her older coin was the tie breaker. I then found a Wheatie but the date was toasted, part of this area is very rough on the pennies. It was getting really hot and I was digging another solid signal when I flipped the plug over. I had been just digging on three sides to leave the plug connected and as I stared down into the hole, I realized that I was now looking at the back half of a small snake. I immediately recognized it as a common small harmless (to us) snake that I have seen all my life. It had a creamy belly with a grey back with small darker pattern, many are mistaken and killed for being a ground rattler. I was trying to see if I had cut it in half or not when it pulled its head out to face me. I simple moved it onward and it quickly disappeared in the thick grass. My pin pointer said the target was still a little deeper so I dug a little deeper and flipped it over and immediately knew that I had my first (detecting) war nickle, a 43. Boy, you can easily tell the difference in a war nickle in the dirt. Pretty cool silver plus it helped me edge out the win with the wife. So it cost her a whole dollar and eleven cents to buy two small chocolate frosties. Actually there is no loser in this deal as that ice cream sure tastes good on a hot day. This makes seven silver coins within a week on this new permission. Getting really spoiled with finds like these. Thanks for looking. DL

Attachments

• 0703171627[1].jpg
    0703171627[1].jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 0703171628[1].jpg
    0703171628[1].jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 0703171628a[1].jpg
    0703171628a[1].jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 12

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! :icon_thumleft:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you and the wife scoring more silver. That's sweet and you both get ice cream to top it off. Life is good.:wave:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to both of you for the great finds- everybody wins when you have a day like that (minus the snake of course!)

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions