Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last storm on friday was a 90% rain event here in Portland . I knew it had taken most of the frost with it so I was anxious to hunt . Last weekend I only hunted for two hours in the river flats at the morgan dollar site before the coid drove me off . The south bank where the foundation is, was frozen . So I called it quits . I did pull the intact barrel tap , and the curious thin brass sugar spoon marked Lowney from the river bank in those two hours so at least it was not a waste of time . Today I got my honeydews done in the morning and I was on the river at the morgan foundation site by 1:00 pm . I hunted till almost dark 4:30 , and although I did not slay it I did manage a few finds . The shingle jax was my favorite find of the day . This is the first Jax that I have found and a pretty early one I am guessing . I have found 2 axes of this shape, size and construction without the claws but this is the first i have found with claws which was called a shingle jax in these parts . I found five keeper coins . 3 wheaties , 1 canadian large, George V 1920 , and a no date buffalo nickel,and a little bit of clad . I also found a gold gilded brooch missing some sort of setting , A 45 cal. rimfire dud. You can see where the firing pin hit it on the rim one time . One small key , and a clip on your belt manicue tool that still opens and closes . I should get back out tomorrow and I can hardly wait . Thanks for looking . MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_2702.JPG
    IMG_2702.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_2705.JPG
    IMG_2705.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_2707.JPG
    IMG_2707.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 678
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice day out! very cool axe head! good luck tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!!! MR TUFF

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, cool stuff. That Lowney spoon thing, does it by any chance have the word Lowney on the back side of the spoon part? I found a similar item but just the spoon part last year and it had the same "Lowney" name on it.

Here's a link to an auction for 5 more similar to what I found. According to the auction description, it dates to the early 1900's and was a promotional item used to serve candy and other confections.

http://www.timepassagesnostalgia.com/&pm=0&searchkeywords=lowney+spoon&sin=5796

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds MaineRelic Love the axe and the Knifie-thingie :laughing9: I've been laid up with the stomach flu so no digging for me. Hope you get some neat finds today. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread