ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took my tanks to get filled and the guy that fills them wasn't there. What to do?? Drop 14 tanks off and rent two tanks! Actually they know me so well they didn't charge me to rent them. That works. So off to ye old swimming hole!

You know it is going to be a good day when your first target is a Washington quarter. Went way out in the weeds again and had fun with my new machine.

The first ring was the 14K wedding band. The signet was a surprise. Also having a date inside was a surprise. 1910. The strangest find was the sterling swim buckle. That must have cost some money way back when.

Totals were the two gold, a sterling ring and buckle, three Washington's and 4 mercs. Six wheat's with the oldest being a 1919. Ohh I almost forgot. I found my very first pull tab out there today. Besides rusted out cans and nails that is it for trash. Left it in the truck, So sorry no picture!

I love this spot for a few reasons. No trash and so little clad it isn't worth talking about. I have found a newer quarter a few houses and a few Jefferson's. Most the Jefferson's have been 1939 - 1941. I can handle the swim buckles and snaps.

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a great day. That swim buckle is killer

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow that's a great day. That swim buckle is killer

I actually took a brass brush to that critter. I knew it was silver but I couldn't find the marks. Somebody sure had money back then. Now to find a gold one!

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A swim buckle? Clueless....never heard of such. Does it take the place of a "Mae West"?

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt!! I like the date in the ring.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds I cant imagine how many rings you have. As always thanks for sharing your finds. Keeps us all inspired. I always think of it as someone taking 1000s of rings silver and gold and silver coins necklaces and pendants and just throwing em all into this swimming area and all ya gotta do is go get em.Great stuff same as a relic hunter allowed to go to a Battlefield and detect.I went to silver lake there were 2 other people there old guys been detecting 25 plus years really nice but you were right about it being hit hard gotta go where no man has gone before or not many.Thanks again STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A swim buckle? Clueless....never heard of such. Does it take the place of a "Mae West"?

Way before swim suit draw strings they had buckles. This was a very popular beach in 1909 until the early 1960's. The earlier ones were on rubber belts. I have found a few intact belts with buckles on them. Had nothing to do with a Mae West life jacket

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sweet finds I cant imagine how many rings you have. As always thanks for sharing your finds. Keeps us all inspired. I always think of it as someone taking 1000s of rings silver and gold and silver coins necklaces and pendants and just throwing em all into this swimming area and all ya gotta do is go get em.Great stuff same as a relic hunter allowed to go to a Battlefield and detect.I went to silver lake there were 2 other people there old guys been detecting 25 plus years really nice but you were right about it being hit hard gotta go where no man has gone before or not many.Thanks again STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far this year I have found 26 gold rings and two sets of gold teeth. My worst year was 36 gold rings, my best year was 78. I won't top 78 I don't think. I am doing pretty good though.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another excellent hunt, I love the ring with 1910 etched into it.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the cool finds. Love the swim buckle and the 1910 ring. Your posts just keep getting better. Thanks for sharing your hunts with us.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice day! What a strange piece that sterling with inlay buckle is. I'll bet that was a hoot. What's the weight on that thing? A full ounce or more?

Swim buckle is only 11.96 grams of sterling. Almost as much as a half.

Can't wait to see what strange things I find out there today. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1910 ring is awesome! Congrats again.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
101465384.jpg Vintage_and_very_nice_logo_-_Draft_1_-_March_2011.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So far this year I have found 26 gold rings and two sets of gold teeth. My worst year was 36 gold rings, my best year was 78. I won't top 78 I don't think. I am doing pretty good though.

Great time out as always! Never seen a Sterling buckle..or Gold...

To bad you can't go out year round, you would crush those totals...How many months out of the year do you hunt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread