Two Pound Gold Nugget found in Gold Pan!!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a terrific sense of humor, Frank....I just fail to see what's funny about a completely disingenuous thread subject. Especially as it has nothing at all to do with treasure hunting. If you're wasting your time responding, you earned it.
Jim

So says the person trying to play Forum Police and wasting their own time! Surely you have better things to do than *****ing about off topic Threads.

Frank

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kittens.....

pretty in pink 012.JPG

pretty in pink 007.JPG

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this isn't the gold prospecting forum but some of you seem confused. Time for some learnin'.

Repeat after me...

SH1FT...

117722149-how-often-clean-cat-litter-box-632x475.jpg

SHINOLA...

gold-450.jpg

uh ...you want the SHINOLA not the other. Sumptin to do with specific gravy er... gravity. Science - you know.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got feral cats, their mother left them under the shed, two I have TNR'd (trap.neutered and returned), one more kitten to go and if I can catch the mama too then I'll stop the kitten factory too. Please try to get the mama fixed and the kittens or you'll find yourself in a fix yourself. There are organizations and volunteers that might help. I feed three now and can pet two. Don't listen to those grumpy ol' prospectors, they must be using mercury to extract their gold, then eating the potato.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kitty looks so comfortable. Love it

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a terrific sense of humor, Frank....I just fail to see what's funny about a completely disingenuous thread subject. Especially as it has nothing at all to do with treasure hunting. If you're wasting your time responding, you earned it.
Jim
For someone who is so concerned about having his time wasted, to not only read down past the OP's original photo, but to spend the time to add a post, and then add another, what's up with that? Let it go dude, you could have been out and dug two pounds of non furry gold, in the time you have wasted, reading, re-reading, posting, and re-posting here. The OP didn't waste your time, you did. just sayin.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat is black gold that keeps me pest free, but this canine gold nugget came bopping past my shop window the other day. I had to haul tail, didn't know what to do since I already have dogs at the shop and at home, so I text my son "Now, what the hell do I do?", stuck him in the pen with my black lab with a purple tongue who doesn't take well to visitors and headed to work. I guess she took it as the pup she never had, thank goodness, because he would've made a nice McNugget for a snack. My son's girlfriend adopted him before I could make it back, but brings him to the house for a visit occasionally. Probably changed the little fella's life, so waste of time? Whatever...

sandy.jpg otis.jpg otis1.jpg

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For someone who is so concerned about having his time wasted, to not only read down past the OP's original photo, but to spend the time to add a post, and then add another, what's up with that? Let it go dude, you could have been out and dug two pounds of non furry gold, in the time you have wasted, reading, re-reading, posting, and re-posting here. The OP didn't waste your time, you did. just sayin.

I know right. Very aptly stated too. :icon_thumright: Oh yeah and better stated by you instead of me for once Lol! :laughing9: Just sayin'... 8-)

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to thank everyone for supporting me even though I posted a misleading title to this Thread! I just felt that the kitten was cute in my' Gold Pan and that it was great pic to post. The title "Two Pound Gold Nugget Found in Gold Pan" just seemed appropriate and I was hoping to break the mundane monotony that this heat has seemed to have brought on. Also, thanks for the pics and stories of your pets and even the feral ones. Maybe I can get some pics of the O'possums that venture into my' open garage and mooch (i.e. eat the cat food) every night or two. We recently had another Raccoon come in a few weeks back but I scared the "Jiminy Dickens" and it was a big one and did not look well.

Thanks again!

Frank

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before I opened the thread I knew their was a catch. You just don't find a nugget that big in your pan.

A little furry gold is still golden.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank everyone for supporting me even though I posted a misleading title to this Thread! I just felt that the kitten was cute in my' Gold Pan and that it was great pic to post. The title "Two Pound Gold Nugget Found in Gold Pan" just seemed appropriate and I was hoping to break the mundane monotony that this heat has seemed to have brought on. Also, thanks for the pics and stories of your pets and even the feral ones. Maybe I can get some pics of the O'possums that venture into my' open garage and mooch (i.e. eat the cat food) every night or two. We recently had another Raccoon come in a few weeks back but I scared the "Jiminy Dickens" and it was a big one and did not look well.

Thanks again!

Frank

I come here for my therapy. Humor is part of that therapy. You did nothing to offend anyone. If anyone takes offense to this post they need to do some serious inventory of themselves and NOT go blaming others for wasting their time. Last time I checked the human species has free will to do as they please. If I stumble across a post or thread that is no interest to me I go on my way. As to the title being misleading, really, who has ever panned a two pound nugget of gold around here? I enjoy the humor of some of the T-net members. A catchy title that is somewhat "veiled" intrigues me and I often use that in my own titles. I hope you enjoyed that Cat Panning Gold video I found. I felt it was very appropriate for this thread. And yes, I have a cat named "Tigger" that is my shadow and sitting across my lap as I type this. Good day mate.:icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I clicked on to see what the nugget looked like, and I was mildly surprised and smiled. Yup the two cats here are higher up on the ladder than me and the dog. Great photo and post.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks again!

Frank

You are most welcome Frank as you are a very kind and helpful member on T-Net. :sunny: No your title wasn't misleading at all. It's called a play on words and it was YOUR thread to do as you please under General Discussion! :thumbsup: We all got your back buddy. 8-)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat is black gold that keeps me pest free, but this canine gold nugget came bopping past my shop window the other day. I had to haul tail, didn't know what to do since I already have dogs at the shop and at home, so I text my son "Now, what the hell do I do?", stuck him in the pen with my black lab with a purple tongue who doesn't take well to visitors and headed to work. I guess she took it as the pup she never had, thank goodness, because he would've made a nice McNugget for a snack. My son's girlfriend adopted him before I could make it back, but brings him to the house for a visit occasionally. Probably changed the little fella's life, so waste of time? Whatever...

View attachment 1476338 View attachment 1476339 View attachment 1476340

That's an excellent "recovery" there my friend. What a cute little guy he is too, wet or dry. Glad he found some great owners to be companion to. Well done.:icon_salut:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cute pic...I had a couple cats once. They make for great Mother in-law repellents. Yep...the mother in-law is allergic to cats

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clicked on to see what the nugget looked like, and I was mildly surprised and smiled. Yup the two cats here are higher up on the ladder than me and the dog. Great photo and post.

I reckon you've had to ask "Ol' Yeller" for sleeping space on occasion.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions