watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out detecting maybe four or five times this year (finding nada) and it wasn't until my last two hunts (last week) that proved there may be a silver lining on the horizon.

While I was driving past one of the public garden plots in town, I noticed the village had cleared some of the brush where a farm house once stood. I parked the car and started to detect the area. After a half-hour of can slaw, trash and clad, I recovered a "Green River Whiskey" token from the 1930's that had received two, direct hits from a .22 caliber rifle. . . (the whiskey had done it's job).

_DSC3264.JPG

The following day, I receive permission to hunt a 1930's property. After recovering eight wheats, my next target a smiling Ben staring right at me. I started circling the area where he was found and got another "silver" hit. This time, it was one of the neatest sterling spoons I'd ever found. It was a baby spoon for sure and it had a dog-head whistle on the end.

_DSC3262.JPG

_DSC3263.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those finds. you sure dug some quality targets. The spoon and Franklin in one hunt made it a great day.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really neat finds. Congrats.I have found 2 Green River tokens in pretty good shape. They are cool.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, I recovered 2 of those Green River Whiskey tokens also.
Congrats on the silver.
That's a cool spoon.
Very nice hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread