TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, it's time to stop writing for a while... I just noticed that I typed the same sentence twice.

I wonder how many times I've done that tonight...

#/80)~ (c)

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2016-02-06 10.47.36.jpg
Here is an interesting picture.
Has anyone seen one of these before?
-Weekender

Attachments

• 2016-02-06 10.47.42.jpg
    2016-02-06 10.47.42.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It kinda looks like maybe a huge head/face profile, I have seen them up in the mining areas, sometimes there are locations indicated above the heads in the cliffs or just around the corner of the profile. 2016-02-06 10.47.42head.jpg

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC08086.jpg
Quinoa, I like the profile you outlined. I did not see it.
I outlined this (keyhole) for lack of a better term.
Have you ever seen one of these before?
Thanks,
-Weekender

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy weekender,

We posted at the same time.:laughing7:

So you were referring to the keyhole. Don't know if it's natural, or not, but some claim that a keyhole would represent a covered entry.

Homar

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy weekender,

We posted at the same time.:laughing7:

So you were referring to the keyhole. Don't know if it's natural, or not, but some claim that a keyhole would represent a covered entry.

Homar

Homar,
Thanks for the information !!
I'll get with Mikel. I was there as a guest.
It is his site and his story. I was just the camera man......
Thanks again,
-Weekender

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#/;0{ ~ (C)

Attachments

• 1455770881282.jpg
    1455770881282.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
A line to chamber symbol like the keyhole type could mean tunnel/chamber, but it could be anywhere. I have seen the general symbol many times, on top of head profiles, aligned with markers in the background, next to hoyos, on rock walls, etc. It's just saying you are in the area of something, in fact it can even be across the canyon from it, and I have seen this as well on long distance hoyos, but not as likely across a canyon where you are at. You are in the general area, but again it could be anywhere nearby. The real location was likely mapped out and the symbols are just clues verifying that you are somewhere in the general vicinity a map someone once made would be taking you.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's late here.. after 3am. I just finished page 177. And it's nap time.

#/:0{~ (c)

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
On one of the big profile heads I have like yours, there is a sealed entrance in the cliffside right next to it at about the level of it's eye. There is a "keystone" that looks like the old skeleton key holes by the bricked in looking sealed entrance and it is all severely trapped. The cliff side is crevassed out behind the spot from the cliff top and the main thing holding up the several hundred ton section of the cliff is the "bricked in" looking sealed entrance. It is shaped like a large diamond. There are many things telling you to break it open including a large triangle cut in the cliff above it and a large sunlit arrow pointing right at it that has fainter lighting bolt portion coming off the back of the arrow.
So you could have an old entrance right next to that type of face profile (very large, cliffside cut and very positionally seen only when you are approaching it from walking along the cliff) , but it also may be empty and trapped.

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one of the big profile heads I have like yours, there is a sealed entrance in the cliffside right next to it at about the level of it's eye. There is a "keystone" that looks like the old skeleton key holes by the bricked in looking sealed entrance and it is all severely trapped. The cliff side is crevassed out behind the spot from the cliff top and the main thing holding up the several hundred ton section of the cliff is the "bricked in" looking sealed entrance. It is shaped like a large diamond. There are many things telling you to break it open including a large triangle cut in the cliff above it and a large sunlit arrow pointing right at it that has fainter lighting bolt portion coming off the back of the arrow.
So you could have an old entrance right next to that type of face profile (very large, cliffside cut and very positionally seen only when you are approaching it from walking along the cliff) , but it also may be empty and trapped.

Quinoa,
Thanks for reply and the info. I'll have to check with ProspectorMikel and
see how close we were when we found what looked like a vault. I have a feeling
it was pretty close, if not, then..... more to think about.
Thanks,
-Weekender

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread