TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, I completely missed that!
I got caught up with the image of a man, just below it. That makes me think they work together as an attention getter and a symbol.
( confirmation )

Hmm... looked like two skulls to me (darker area below symbol). Darkened everything else in the pic.

2_skulls.jpg

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy weekender,

At first I thought Mikel had taken your picture looking up at that symbol, I had to blow it up to realize it was not a person. :dontknow:

Homar

coazon de oro,

Another Wow, is that considered rock incorporation or is it something else?
That is another first for me. That mountain keeps throwing out surprises.
Thanks,
-Weekender

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OKAY FOLKS.

THIS IMAGE IS ALMOST TOO DARK TO SEE. IT IS INSIDE A CAVE, THAT IS AT THE BASE OF THE BLUFF THAT HAS THE LARGE SKULL.

IT IS IN THE BACK OF THE CAVE, JUST ABOUT THE DEAD CENTER. THE IMAGE IS A SKULL, WITH AN ARROW POINTING ABOUT FIVE O-CLOCK,JUST A LITTLE BIT BELOW, AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE A SHOVEL HANDLE AT ABOUT NINE O-CLOCK.

ONCE YOU SEE THE IMAGE, LOOK AT THE ROCK WALL JUST A FEW FEET TO THE RIGHT.
IT LOOKS TO ME TO BE A MAN MADE.

CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

View attachment 1129448
#/;0)~
MIKEL
Mikel, was going through your thread today, and was intrigued by this image cleaned it up enough to make out the skull easily, but my question is adid you make notes on top of this image or is this some stuff you missed ...

Image5.jpg

anyhow, more interesting reading every time around.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, was going through your thread today, and was intrigued by this image cleaned it up enough to make out the skull easily, but my question is adid you make notes on top of this image or is this some stuff you missed ...

View attachment 1461068

anyhow, more interesting reading every time around.

Chadeaux, you cleaned that photo up, very well!
Thanks!

I never made it any farther than the opening. Jim and I had been above that cave for a while, and I got rushed to keep up. I got two shots of it without my eyes getting adjusted to the dark.

The first pic showed a well made false outer wall that was torn almost completely down. The second pic was aimed at the back, and it took me months to notice the skull...

All of that stuff that you just posted, is to your credit. Thank you!

I had been thinking about that photo, just lately, wondering if I could clear it up a bit... I never dreamt that it would show anything other than the skull and the rocked up hole in the wall.

I had only known for a few years, that it was known as "Dead man's Cave", because there was a body found in it.

Clearly, someone made some markings there. I'm going to check it out on the laptop to see what you have uncovered.

Awesome job. Thanks again.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux. Look at the upper right quadrant of the cleaned up version of the cave pic....
That is the rocked up hole in the wall, at the top edge there is one larger rock, that looks like another skull, looking up and to the right. That one may be looking toward the Skull bluff.

That may remain a mystery for some time. I no longer have permission to go there.

With your permission, I may try to replace my old photo in the book. If I can do it I will credit your clean up work to you.
Let me know and I will try to exchange them.

#/;0)~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux,
Wow, missed that myself. Have any of you ever seen 2 skulls/faces like that before?
I know I haven't.
Thanks,
-Weekender

I remember what caught my eye as we entered that tunnel...

IMG_2329.JPG

This small (fist size) carved scorpion, directly above our heads as we stepped into the tunnel.

It lost a little detail in the camera, but I saw the scorpion before it was clouded with other images. It first struck my mind as a fossil.

:coffee2::coffee2:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux. Look at the upper right quadrant of the cleaned up version of the cave pic....
That is the rocked up hole in the wall, at the top edge there is one larger rock, that looks like another skull, looking up and to the right. That one may be looking toward the Skull bluff.

That may remain a mystery for some time. I no longer have permission to go there.

With your permission, I may try to replace my old photo in the book. If I can do it I will credit your clean up work to you.
Let me know and I will try to exchange them.

#/;0)~

Mikel, you are welcome to use it if you wish with no attribution.

That was a quick cleanup ... but with a higher resolution image, I may be able to clean it up better.

It was cleaned up using the same technique that I'm working on to remove haze from landscape images.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2743.JPG

This turned into a rather ghostly image. I have no idea what caused it. It was rainy earlier, but had stopped, and there was no wind.

When I zoomed in on it, the silver circle just got more interesting.

:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::dontknow::tchest:

#/;0)~

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably a spiderweb with flash turned on.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, all of my close shots were flash that day.

Maybe one of my grey hairs got caught on a wet spider web, and pulled out...

I don't mind them turning gray, but
I do mind them turning loose...

That's why I wear a hat, most of the time!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, Nwaher is new to TNET, and she has just started a thread," Fortified position for lost village????"

I have seen several photos of her site, as she came to me for help. It didn't take long for me to see that it has great potential and she has a good eye for the camera.

She knows that I have been a student here for years, and I promised to get you folks to check in on her work. She already has lots of good photos, and has promised to bring them out at a steady pace so everyone has a chance to get in with their ideas.

Their is much to see and discuss.

Show her what kind of folks we are.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Nwaher is up and running with her thread, so I'm going to get back to work on my book.
So much has happened since that trip that Weekender and I thought was the final expedition, from the discovery of the true land owner, thru the investigation of the new vault and the search for some landmarks from past trips, and studies and recalculations from old landmarks with new mysteries.
I'll be posting photos, both old and new. Some have changed with time...

#/;0{>~

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Nwaher is up and running with her thread, so I'm going to get back to work on my book.
So much has happened since that trip that Weekender and I thought was the final expedition, from the discovery of the true land owner, thru the investigation of the new vault and the search for some landmarks from past trips, and studies and recalculations from old landmarks with new mysteries.
I'll be posting photos, both old and new. Some have changed with time...

#/;0{>~
You sir have my full attention. Can't wait to see what you and weekender have been up to.

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel. I just late last night sat down to check on your thread. I read what has happened my thoughts and prayers are with you. You have became a common name at our home and I think very highly you. If you need anything and I mean anything please contact me I will do what ever I can..... words of a very wise man "you will never get over these things but you will learn to live with them them" and you mikel are a very strong wise man. Think of you Nwaher

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank my TNET family for all of their prayers and support over the last few days. You truly are a family to me.

Steve was a very good and beloved man, and he will be missed, but he left many folks to carry on, the work that he was doing.

Now it is time for me to get to work on those last chapters.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seeing things that I don't remember seeing on the edge of the big stone, but I can't place it...
other than it looks like one of the 700 places that I slipped and busted my rear on our last trip out, after the rain!!! ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions