Two Weekend Hunts

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0703.JPG I got out on Saturday morning for about ninety minutes. I had to drive to my alternate site because my first choice was in a town that unbeknownst to me just recently closed off all public fields in the town. On the way to the second site, a ballfield in a neighboring town, I passed by the Noah Webster House so took a photo. On Sunday, Sue and I hunted a soccer field for two hours and fifteen minutes that we started hunting last fall. My Saturday hunt got me $2.97 in clad and our Sunday hunt got us 50 coins worth $8.82 including three wheat cents. Totals for both hunts was $11.79

Upvote 11

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting goes hand in hand with history. We learn so much just by doing research. One of these days will get out to the east coast and detect, where all the GOOD stuff is :)

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting goes hand in hand with history. We learn so much just by doing research. One of these days will get out to the east coast and detect, where all the GOOD stuff is :)

I agree that detecting and history go hand in hand, not to mention coin collecting. We definitely have some history here in the east.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the Pic of the Noah Webster house and started to salivate. I thought you hunted that. I bet there's a few things left in the ground there. :laughing7: I'd take a 12 buck hunt any day. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw the Pic of the Noah Webster house and started to salivate. I thought you hunted that. I bet there's a few things left in the ground there. :laughing7: I'd take a 12 buck hunt any day. :thumbsup:

Thanks Evolution.....No chance of hunting that place because of its historical nature but also the house is right on the edge of the road and the back is very small. Virtually no grassy areas.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad your original spot is closed but you got out and did well I dont mind clad at all I love filling my huge mason jars but silver ya need that fix also but the fun thing is every signal you dig is a possible silver. Good job

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad your original spot is closed but you got out and did well I dont mind clad at all I love filling my huge mason jars but silver ya need that fix also but the fun thing is every signal you dig is a possible silver. Good job
Thanks Tommy...….unfortunately more and more sites are being closed to the public but there are still a few available for the time being. I don't find many silver coins but when I do it's a nice feeling of satisfaction. Do you cash in your clad every year or just keep adding to the pile?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 2 years ago I sold alot of my Gold for a 1800 dollar water heater cashed in about 1000 dollars in clad I have 2 Girls Clothes Make up Cars insurance ect. Now College I put a piece of tape on the front of my mason jars with the amount of coins in them. After every hunt I put my clad for the day that I found in them, and change the number on the front .I plan to put all those coins I cashed in back I like to know how many coins Ive found total from all my detecting. I never planned on cashing them in for a long time I will replace all I took out though its not the same as the original dirty coins lol Im Wierd I know but it makes finding clad more fun . Total for pennies 5.687 dimes 1854 nickles 1003 quarters 2278

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work with all those coins!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well 2 years ago I sold alot of my Gold for a 1800 dollar water heater cashed in about 1000 dollars in clad I have 2 Girls Clothes Make up Cars insurance ect. Now College I put a piece of tape on the front of my mason jars with the amount of coins in them. After every hunt I put my clad for the day that I found in them, and change the number on the front .I plan to put all those coins I cashed in back I like to know how many coins Ive found total from all my detecting. I never planned on cashing them in for a long time I will replace all I took out though its not the same as the original dirty coins lol Im Wierd I know but it makes finding clad more fun . Total for pennies 5.687 dimes 1854 nickles 1003 quarters 2278
Nice to know how many of each coin you've dug. I've been detecting since 1983 and I started to keep records of my finds in 1984 but somehow those records disappeared when I divorced my wife in 2000. I started keeping records again in 2010 but I'd really like to know the total of all my finds since I started this hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread