UGLIEST 2 CENTER EVER DUG / show your ugly old coins here

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I was on my way home after detecting a park and some sports fields for 4 hours or so, and with pockets full of nothing but clad and junk jewelry to show for it I headed home. I pulled up to a red light and while sitting there I looked out the window to my left and noticed an old building had been torn down and removed. I was beat but this was in an old part of town so I reluctantly turned left, got out to look around. There were tons of junk so I threw on my little 4X6 trash picker coil and decided to give it a quick hunt. About 15 minutes in I dug this 1865 2 cent piece. I was tired so I left with every intention of returning. Before going back I checked the property records to find the owner of the land. It had just been donated to the church across the street from the spot. Our club meets at a church and our president at the time was a member of it. He approached the powers of be in the church that owns the property figuring church to church courtesy may help. We were hoping to have our club hunt at the spot. No way, permission denied :( Well at least I found my ugliest old coin ever before getting the boot.

Attachments

• 1865 2 cent obv.JPG
    1865 2 cent obv.JPG
    802.8 KB · Views: 606
  • 1865 2 cent.JPG
    1865 2 cent.JPG
    781 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0
Take some oooo steel wool to it, rub it gently you will be amazed. the oooo steel wool is so fine it wont leave and scratches. works wonders on indians and especially 2 centers. Hope you give it a try.
Marty

Should be better :)

Attachments

• 1865 2 cent obv.JPG
    1865 2 cent obv.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 1865 2 cent.JPG
    1865 2 cent.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 578
isnt it a fact, do the right thing and ask permission and they say no...detect it without permisssion and no one gives a hoot..well thats how it is over here..neat old coin...cheers

I can probably beat that for ugly at least 400 times over. I wouldn't know where to start!

dfx willy said:
id take that 2 cent piece seeing i dont have one ;D willy

Now that you mention it it's also one I haven't found. That and a Merc dime. There's more, just thought I'd get at least one of those at some point.

I'd find one that ugly...if someone would let me....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back