Ugliest Silver Dime you will ever see.....

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil

Attachments

• burntmerc.JPG
    burntmerc.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,466
  • burntmerc2.JPG
    burntmerc2.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,462
Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museum quality piece, that one. ;D

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
It looks to me that it was in some kind of fire. Nice find tho. Any dime can look like a dime, this one has character. Drill a hole in it and put it on your keychain! Nice conversation piece.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you sure thats not a kidney stone you passed?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely a campfire or trashpit victim. I found a couple of these in an old WWI camp. There was a fever epidemic in the camp and they burned the soldier's clothes money and all when they were sick.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Iron Patch said:
plan to have it graded?

I'd love to see the ANACS grade... it say something like "fair 2 details// mangled and burnt (knowing them they'd probably actually say 'surface damage'"

Seriously, you could try making a ring out of it. Couldn't harm the ring any further. But you'd have to find someone with a very small finger to wear it.

If you want to do it, we could all pitch in 25 cents a piece for you to send it to a grading service. I'd love to see the look on the face of the grader when he opens that one.

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
p2c said:
Iron Patch said:
plan to have it graded?

I'd love to see the ANACS grade... it say something like "fair 2 details// mangled and burnt (knowing them they'd probably actually say 'surface damage'"

Seriously, you could try making a ring out of it. Couldn't harm the ring any further. But you'd have to find someone with a very small finger to wear it.

If you want to do it, we could all pitch in 25 cents a piece for you to send it to a grading service. I'd love to see the look on the face of the grader when he opens that one.
I'll seond that :icon_biggrin:

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've pulled up some uglies out of the ground, but me tinks you got me beat with that one. Cool.

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
It's still silver. The melt value of it is $1.11. That's not too bad. :icon_thumleft:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, thats a 16-D. Its all part of my master plan. I keep buying and ruining them so that my other one gets rarer. Muhahaha. :tongue3:

Nice find! :thumbsup:

Call me a Plumber - If you check in here, post your friends token finds with some pics over at "What Is It".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread