Ultra Sonic Cleaner????

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a small unit at a garage sale...Im sure it is for jewelry, but want to give it a try on CRH'ed pennys as some are quite nasty...Is there a spacial solution to use??? I have tried it with a little salt, seems to get the dirt, and yuck off pretty well..Anyone else use one???..Pro's???? Con's???? This one will hold about 6 pennys flat, or you could probably throw in 15, or 20 if they were all over each other....Thanks, Tom

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Try a little Windex w/ammonia. The one I use is a small one made for dentures, but the ultrasonic cleaners are all pretty much based on the same principal. It seems to work better if you don't overload it IMO. If you have a more valuable coin, don't jumble it in with the others as it may get scratched bouncing around and rubbing against the other coins. I use a piece of plastic netting (like they use to hold little bags of rice at weddings) to keep the better coins from skittering around on the stainless steel bottom and sides.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Try a little Windex w/ammonia. The one I use is a small one made for dentures, but the ultrasonic cleaners are all pretty much based on the same principal. It seems to work better if you don't overload it IMO. If you have a more valuable coin, don't jumble it in with the others as it may get scratched bouncing around and rubbing against the other coins. I use a piece of plastic netting (like they use to hold little bags of rice at weddings) to keep the better coins from skittering around on the stainless steel bottom and sides.

Oh man good point, thanks alot, will give that a try...Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread