Ummmm....

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any info on what this is and when its from would be appreciated.

I believe its a cash coin but not sure from when....

Thanks in advance.
Be well.

20201007_222329.jpg20201007_222320.jpg

Don't know but I'm sure there's a few experts out there who can narrow this one down... :icon_thumright:
Was this found in SW Pa?

Upvote 0
That looks like an “Ich Ching” or however you spell it. It’s a Chinese fortune telling thing. There is usually 2 or 3 to a set if I recall. It’s been about 30 years since I’ve seen one. My dad gave a set to my brother when we were younger. I recall playing with it but can’t for the life of me recall how to spell it...

I’ll see if google can sort it out for me. It’s been pretty good at making sense of my gibberish in the past...

Edit: correct spelling is “Iching”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
https://www.iching.wiki/how-to-use-tutorial

Have a look at that. It could be one of those. In my searches though I found these Feng Shui (again, spelling?) coins given out on Chinese New Year... May be same coins or different? Hard to compare two pictures from different sites on a phone so I’ll have to let computer based users have a closer look.

https://www.amazon.in/Boao-Chinese-Fortune-I-Ching-Health/dp/B081LDGZ74

Although I don’t see your exact one it looks like they may have a range of different scripture on them... although I don’t want to miss lead you either, I’m sure someone here will know the history and meaning a lot better than my foggy memory can guide me. I would bet they can confirm if this is the right track or not pretty quickly.

IMG_6149.png
IMG_6150.png
IMG_6151.png
IMG_6152.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, it was found in a park that was part of Allegheny City before it became part of Pittsburgh.

The park had a zoo, etc.

This was found in the area where the zoo was located

Upvote 0
Appreciate all of the input folks. Seems to possibly be bronze.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back