Unbelievable thing happened to me today concerning marked coins.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Once again, it's Homeland Security at work! The ink rubs off when you handle the coin, marking your hands and clothing for easy identification with infrared light. This is one of the methods THEY use to identify the nefarious hoarders of precious metals.......

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also hear they are releasing microchipped walking liberties in order to track us down. From now on, you should toss any back just in case.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentone Grizz said:
Once again, it's Homeland Security at work! The ink rubs off when you handle the coin, marking your hands and clothing for easy identification with infrared light. This is one of the methods THEY use to identify the nefarious hoarders of precious metals.......

OooooKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. :laughing7:

I see you made it back under an assumed name...... :laughing9:

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Am I supposed to be going CSI on these boxes with Black Light and special glasses?

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you made it back under an assumed name...... :laughing9:
[/quote]

LMAO!

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a box of $500 in halves...all were marked with a black magic marker...just a dot in the middle...they managed to miss three 40%ers but I haven't been back to that bank since.

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Mentone Grizz said:

I don't get it, what do they care if we hoard silver? We spend our time, our money, our hard work to earn our silver. Makes no sense to me :dontknow: I'm not disagreeing with the possibility of it happening.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I really think that Home Land Security has more to worry about that CRHers and coin collectors. I think you are all imagining things.
rileyboy

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Ironically I got a box last week and every single Half had a black dash at the top of JFK's head. I've seen lots of the lately but the entire box is just ridiculous. This guy is really starting to annoy me. What a waste of time.

Mojo

ffej

Jul 2, 2010
coinmojo said:
Ironically I got a box last week and every single Half had a black dash at the top of JFK's head. I've seen lots of the lately but the entire box is just ridiculous. This guy is really starting to annoy me. What a waste of time.

Mojo

I figure for every box/coin you mark I'm searching 2 or 3 times more in that time, mark away. I think it's a big waist of time, I'm not interested knowing whether I searched them already or not. I'll know it when I find silver..... I have wondered while searching pennies if one of these are the ones I swallowed when I was a kid.....man I should have marked that coin ;D

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo, I see those from time to time too. They're probobly all over our state.

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate to even mention that the original post was a joke. I didn't expect people to branch off into conspiracy theories. I am afraid my attempt at humor was lost on some. For the record IOAFJ !!!!!!!!!!! Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
I hate to even mention that the original post was a joke. I didn't expect people to branch off into conspiracy theories. I am afraid my attempt at humor was lost on some. For the record IOAFJ !!!!!!!!!!! Jim

Haha, everything is a conspiracy. Dont you know. Hell everyone here are not CRH'ers, they are IRS agents! :munky2:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are from you phrostie?? I see a lot of them. You gave Ken a black crew cut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions