Unbelievable thing happened to me today concerning marked coins.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Every single half dollar of the 10 boxes I searched today had been marked with invisible ink. It is tough to recognize at first but I am sure I didn't miss any. Have any of you experienced similar results ? I sure hope my luck changes and I don't get all marked coins next week.

HH, Jim

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ffej said:
I figure for every box/coin you mark I'm searching 2 or 3 times more in that time, mark away. I think it's a big waist of time, I'm not interested knowing whether I searched them already or not. I'll know it when I find silver..... I have wondered while searching pennies if one of these are the ones I swallowed when I was a kid.....man I should have marked that coin ;D

I believe on some level you did. :D

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
To identify the coins marked with invisible ink, go see one of the new 3D movies and take home the 3D glasses. Get your MagLite and wrap clear red plastic around the lens. Get your wife's hairdryer and gently heat your coins so they are warm, but not hot to the touch. Turn on your flashlight, put on your 3D glasses, closing one eye. If the coins are properly heated, all will be revealed!

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
DeadLizard7 said:
I had a box of $500 in halves...all were marked with a black magic marker...just a dot in the middle...they managed to miss three 40%ers but I haven't been back to that bank since.

Missed three? What bank is that...just bankcurious ;D

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
coinmojo said:
Ironically I got a box last week and every single Half had a black dash at the top of JFK's head. I've seen lots of the lately but the entire box is just ridiculous. This guy is really starting to annoy me. What a waste of time.

Mojo

I know the feeling. I'm used to seeing the same marked coins. One time I picked up the usual 4 boxes from a certain bank. All 4 boxes were customer rolls, with each coin in the middle of the roll marked with a T. My boxes had been great at the time. The way I see it this "T" cost me some money..... I still don't understand how he put his customer rolls in a sealed box from the fed. He must have cashed in a lot of them....

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
INMO Marked coins don't mean squat. My best box was full of them. My first WL was next to one, which was next to a 40%. My guess is people do this to see if they are getting their dumps back, how quickly, and the density of new coin. After I found dream boxes rife with marked coins, I stopped caring. It would interrupt my edgesurfing anyways.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
I hate to even mention that the original post was a joke. I didn't expect people to branch off into conspiracy theories. I am afraid my attempt at humor was lost on some. For the record IOAFJ !!!!!!!!!!! Jim

A Joke Huh?...Or is this just what you want us to believe Jim?..if thats your real name :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread