Unbelievable Todays pics added 10-14-06

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Got a new little Toy the ace 250. Tried it at the beach when I was down and was impressed with it in the dry and wet sand.
Had no problem with Quarters at 10in. I got home and decided today to give it a real test and take it relic hunting. Went to a spot that has been heavily hunted by me and others for years. I have hunted this spot my self with a Minelab Explorer (heavy but gets great depth), Tecknatics T2 (would not recommend this detector to anyone I hated it), Whites XLT (great relic and coin machine do not like it in the wet stuff on the beach), Whites DFX (my favorite Beach machine have found lots of gold right to the waters edge with it. Also good on coin and relics), Tesoro Cortez (had this machine for a while liked it but seemed to use the DFX more so it was sold), And also hit this sight a lot with my Troy Shadow X5 (my favorite Relic hunting machine have found bullets with the X5 when every one said it was hunted out.) That includes three detectors that retail for over $1000. Last time I was out with the Shadow at this spot dug three signals in about three hours. one was a burnside bullet. other was a 22cal bullet and a deep shotgun shell. So off I go with the ACE thinking if I find any thing I will be impressed. Up the trail to the top of the hill where I have hunted twenty times before. Turn the 250 on walk about twenty feet and get a good penny reading at 6in. That is about where a bullet will come in, dig the hole and out pops a round ball (WOW). Soon after another signal and a 22 modern bullet 2in deep. Couple of shotgunshell tops and then another penny dime signal. Could it be? Yes another bullet what looks to be a 69cal three ringer at about 10 in. Also pulled several more pieces of trash then another round ball, piece of a round ball, Burnside cartridge, and another small piece of a burn side cartridge. All this in about a hour and a half. If you had told me that the ace 250 would have found relics in the same area I thought was almost hunted out with every high end machine out I would have thought you were insane. I still cant believe it must be some freak Friday the 13th accident. I will have to slip off with the 250 to try this spot again when I have more time.

Hear are the Ace 250 goodies fresh out of the ground.
Was hunting in relic mode sensitivity max.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,481
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Unbelievable

that is unbelievable....But I Love those find's....Congrat's....Different stroke's for different folk's,that's why I live in the Good ole USA!!!!.... Congrat's and HH!!!!!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds and I think from the looks of it you are gonna love your new detector!!! Hunted out?? what the hell is that?? :):) No such animal...:)

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you should sell your explorer to me then....as you have no need for it anymore. I could always use another Explorer :)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Congratulations on those bullets. Glad the 250 seems to be working out some for you. WOW what a pile of detectors you have had.

Which Explorer do you have? Once I get enough to buy am having trouble deciding on XS or EXP 2. Want a machine with good depth, decent reliability on trash targets vs. something not so trash. Coins, Jewelry probably my targets. But winter will bring some relic hunting in the mountains for sure.

TY in advance appreciate any input you have. So far have had some great answers from great detectors with many different detectors. More viewpoints the better I always think.

Postalrevnant

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

used to have an ace 250, loved it, but got a whites prism V now, my girlfriend and i are out to the hit the beacvh this weekend will post any good finds, looking forward to seeing more of yours as well..gregg

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool digs! That little 250 is one heck of a detector FOR THE PRICE! I bought one but my father liked it so I gave it to him. I have seen them in action and for the price they are impressive. ;)

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota

Haven't heard any negatives about the ACE250.
Good MD for the price. I've kept all My MD's
so I can compare and as backup.
Thanks for a interesting field comparison.
Discrimination,sensitivity,operating frequency
coil size and type can make a huge difference
in finds between detectors.
HH

B

Brush Creek

I gave my ace250 to my #2 boy Jessi after I got my XLT and he loves it.
He lives in Rome, Ga ( Lots to hunt around there )

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

WessThompson said:
you should sell your explorer to me then....as you have no need for it anymore. I could always use another Explorer :)

But since you already have an Explorer, perhaps I should be the one to receive this fine machine? OK Wess, lets make a deal for Swingin's detector! LOL ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

its no accident! the 250 is a great little machine, for the price ;). it has a few shortcomings but all detectors do. for $200 though it really cant be beat.

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

Thanks Guys I have the explorer XS. I would sell it as I do not use it much any more. It has been turned into a water proof surf explorer so you can wade right in. Has three coils I could be talked out of it. Took the Ace out at a heavy hunted relic spot again to day hunted with the guy who sells my my detectors to me. He hunted with the New white's M6 he got 3 bullets The Ace came up with 5 bullets and a grommet of of a civil war tent. Three of the bullets were small pistol bullets. Will post pictures soon. I had to take a 15 min break to fix my 250 arm cuff snapped right off :'( . A walk back to the truck two wire ties and I am back in business.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothin' but SWEET!!!!!!!!.....Congrat's

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and no need for the DFX, I'll buy that!! Great stuff with the 250!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
eathabs

You would have a hard time talking me out of the DFX it is a sweet beach machine. And I have also found some other goodies with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread