OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
HHHAAA I knew I could count on TN. Montana that was great reasearch me and Larry been discussing this all weekend. Spoof hasent responded to my submittion yet. (doubt they can touch this one)
There are some videos on youtube of folks succesfully landing Radio controled Aircraft in the same manner as this. Id think if you can land a RC plane like this a person should be able to land a real one.
If this is real (im hoping it is) It should of been all over the news, and if at a air show there would of been many witnesses, (probaly more screaming also). perhaps if real it was only during practice.
I heard one commentator exclaiming the footage could of only been takin from the back of a moving Truck.
Id love to get to the bottom of this, thanks Montana!!
The most suspicious part to me is the end when the plane appears to be heading right for the crowd and suddenly is along the ground, that part looks to be edited.
real or fake its great filming

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

F 15 from Israel lands with one wing

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
EDDE - I just watched that... how freaking cool!

I know a stunt pilot, Kent Pietsch... he flys the "jelly belly" stunt plane out of North Dakota... during his routine a wing flap falls off the plane, the crowd freaks out, and he lands after MUCH display of craziness! The thing is that the plane he flies never ever had an original wing flap - so he never missed it anyways! All a hoax for the crowd... but so very cool! Let me see if I can find a vid of him...

Here we go...

[youtube=425,350]i38IQyIT4Pc[/youtube]

That original vid you showed was still a heart stopper...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed they hard to photoshop in the landing gear because his big brass ones blocked them out :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
You gotta read the commentaries on the Link Montana provided. Some real experts are posting on it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
You gotta read the commentaries on the Link Montana provided. Some real experts are posting on it.
I dont bother the comments make me want to vomit

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I say BS! It looks like a great Photoshop effort to me! Its just very odd on the landing and how the camera seems to go out of focus so badly.

Also, there is one point as he is coming down that you can see the front edge of the right wing where they couldn't Photoshop it out.

I would like to see the rest of the video you know they would have shot of the wing on the ground and a close up of the right side f the plane. Notice how the plane is turned away from the camera at the end when the camera is in focus and the guy is running over.

Just my 2 cents!

RGecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Here are two clips where the wing is showing against the fuselage. If you play it back, everytime there is a transition like this, the camera seems to go blury. Its an easy way to cover the airbrushing techniques used to mask the wing.

Also when a video camera is shooting a suject that is at a distance like this, it is near the end of the focal point and is less likely to go out of focus so badly. Here is seems to happen quite often.

Also, look how the damn thing bounces on the landing so unrealistic, and of course the camera gets blurry for some reason! Hmmmm!

RGecy

UPDATE: After posting this, I see there are quite a few post on you tube about this being from a German TV show and how it was faked! Sorry guys, it's not real!

Attachments

• Fake Landig.jpg
    Fake Landig.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Fake Landing 2.jpg
    Fake Landing 2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
It has been proven a hoax. BUT it has been done with model airplanes

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if it is real or not. But people can do amazing things with cropping...Matt

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I did snope it, got NO RESPONSE, that was when it was Brand new. The model airpale thing is real, you can fly a model airplane in wing up (knife edge) with lots of power ( at fairly low speed)due to its light wieght, (deflecting the air off the fuselage) A plane could land like this with seperate wing controls but once torn loose it would be all over.

In real Life size this never happened.

But look at the Jet video, It happened, Lots of Power and rocketed in, Im guessing the controls were hydraulic and soon to leak out b-4 landing so they were seperate, not cable connected.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro you posted -->

Send this one to Mr. Tapioca for flying lessons!
~~~~~~~~~~

Watch it ya web footed bog footer, I have only wrecked three aircraft, none my fault you realize?

I'm gonna tell Diana about you eyeballing that washed out blond waitress.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread