Unc Kennedys

CamK13

Greenie
Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, went to one of my banks the other day and of course asked for any loose halves they may have. Teller reaches underneath and produces unopened US Mint rolls (2001 P, 2001 D, 2003 P, 2005 P) I doubt they are worth much (if any) more than face value but a pretty nice find. Something to just hold on to I suppose.

On another note, at my bank that produces the most when picking up loose ikes and halves, one of the other tellers made it a point to come check for silver before I was sold the coins....:BangHead:

At least that teller is rarely there when I come in; but, this could seriously hurt my silver intake. This bank is great because it's small, family run, and does a ton of commercial accounts that produce essentially an unlimited number of coins for me to search. (They loved when I was taking $2500-$3000/week in customer turned in dimes/quarters from them). The young girl that works there unknowingly hands me 1-3 oz. of silver on a normal weekly basis. Hopefully all continues to go well or it won't continue to be worth the 30 minute drive....I suppose time will tell.

Otherwise, great to be back on the forums now that life has settled some. 8-)

Upvote 0

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a similar situation today. $20 in CWR halves and all were beautiful UNC shiny clad rims. All 2003 to 2010. Beauties, I almost feel bad tossing them back knowing they might make their way through a rolling facility. Oh well, Ima friggin silver hunter not a coin beautician. TOSS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions