Unemployment #s fabricated for political gain?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This came about because of another thread, where it was off topic. So I post it here so that we can add to the tally of BO-lies. Yeah Team BO!
Elections have consequences, especially if no one knows what those consequences are!

By the way,, find your own source if you don't like this one.

Census ?faked? 2012 election jobs report | New York Post

"In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.

The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.
And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.
And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck, Dave, all the numbers are rigged. From inflation to unemployment, the game is adjusted to help disguise what a lousy job the politicians are doing. Nobody can be dumb enough to believe that inflation is running under 2%, and the same goes for believing the unemployment numbers. The true unemployment rate is at least, AT LEAST, double what's reported. If you count the people that are under-employed it could be triple what's reported. If the truth were known about both numbers, most of the current crop of moron politicians would be out of a job. (so back to the carwash) (no offense intended for people who work at a car wash)
Jim

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If most of the people who voted this goof were uninformed I guess these #"s made no difference. But sure makes the informed ones look strupid.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw yesterday where Corzine was ordered to pay back customers over 1 billion. Though I have no idea who would be in charge of the repayments, perhaps enforced by IRS? ROFLMBO! :laughing7:

Federal Judge Orders MF Global To Pay $1 Billion To Customers | Fox Business

How can anyone believe just about anyone anymore, when what you see, just does not match, what you are told?

Get your wallets open America, the politicians are gonna start thumping for election donations!
You know they gonna need your millions, to travel, throw lavish parties, and surround themselves with their groupies.
It amazes me, the way folks fall and fawn over politicians, like they are rockstars or gods or something? :icon_scratch:
Just always remember: They'll tell you ANYTHING (to meet their agenda)!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm sure there will be an investigation. if we are lucky the tea party won't pick this as another anti Obama smear campaign, thus drowning out any hope of reaching a conclusion.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I"d agree the government's unemployment figure is pure BS. The calculation should start with the available work force then measure the number unemployed, underemployed and those who have given up looking for a job. I would not be surprised with a figure close to 27-30%; similar to the figures in Greece and Spain--and look at the mess they, too, are in.
Don....

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there will be an investigation. if we are lucky the tea party won't pick this as another anti Obama smear campaign, thus drowning out any hope of reaching a conclusion.

nobama needs NO help.......... he is a one man cluster-------

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
DANG!

Turns out this guy hasn't worked at the Census Bureau since 2011. Hmmm...nothing to do with an election in 2012.

And there are some 7,000 people collecting these data. So if one person fudged some numbers, what impact would it have on the final result?

But, once again, the right wing nutz aren't going to let the facts get in the way of an attack on our President.

Heck, we'll probably has another Issa investigation into this HUGE scandal.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn. Who was in the white house in 2011? Hmm. Oh well left wing zealots will always try to apologize and /or justify a corrupt system as long as it is their system.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

The story is a lie. Just admit it. Nothing to do with the 2012 election. And one person claiming to have lied on the job and to have turned in fake numbers didn't influence the result.

Is it wrong? Of course it is. Looks like the guy who did it got caught and got fired.

Did in influence the 2012 Election, as the article you linked to claimed?

Nope.

Just another failed attempt to tear down our President.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Justify it as you feel you need to for your own sanity book.
I think you worry too much about protecting the BO, you will give yourself a heart attack if you have to run around all day defending all of the corruption.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

Facts are facts. Your spin continues to fail.

How could a man who left the US Census Bureau in 2011 had an impact on the election in November 2012?

How could the data submitted by one person out of 7,000 had a significant impact on the results?

Pesky librul reality.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignoring the corruption trending in government and trying to pervert the facts to fit your opinion again book? You will try to isolate and minimize a morsel of information to build your agenda,, even in the face of a tidal wave. But that just shows how much of a fanatic you are. I can't believe you are not in congress or the senate yet,, you are clearly the smartest and best thinker in every room you walk into.

"A congressional investigation has been launched into allegations that the United States Census Bureau falsified employment numbers, including in the months just before the last presidential election."

Maybe you should tell these congressman they are lying also? Works so well when you tell me that.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Issa: Obama Staff Faked Jobs Numbers Just Before 2012 Election

Republican U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa called the director of the U.S. Census Bureau on the carpet Tuesday to answer questions raised by a New York Post report alleging that a surveyor faked data for a key unemployment report just before the 2012 presidential election.

In a letter sent Tuesday to Census Bureau Director John Thompson, Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, called the Post report "shocking," and requested information pertaining to census worker Julius Buckmon, the Washington Examiner reported.

According to the Post, Buckmon -- apparently unable to reach people by phone or in person -- made up data to fill in incomplete survey results for the September 2012 unemployment report.

The report, released Oct. 5, 2012, showed a dramatic drop in the unemployment rate, from 8.1 percent to 7.8 percent, even though only 114,000 jobs were added.

Issa, of California, wants information about the collection of jobless numbers, which is part of the bureau's Current Population Survey, the Examiner reported -- as well as all of Buckmon's emails, his list of supervisors and any material related to a government investigation of Buckmon's actions.

Buckmon worked in the Census Bureau's Philadelphia office; there are five other survey offices across the country.

According to the Post, Buckmon "was not the only one" faking survey data.

The Post said the Census Bureau never reported the faked data to the Department of Labor, which computes the unemployment numbers, and the fabrication may have been ordered by census supervisors.

"Since the bureau relies on the American public for its data, it is important that the Census Bureau cooperate with all investigations into this matter," Issa wrote in the letter.

"Any erosion of trust by the Census Bureau would have an immediate impact on other important census surveys, such as the American Community Survey, or the planning and implementation of the 2020 decennial census."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Issa: Obama Staff Faked Jobs Numbers Just Before 2012 Election
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Seems awful funny that 114,000 jobs dropped the unemployment rate in THIS country by .3%. Something screwy was happening,, unless you use that screwy LiBural math some like to use. But then,, So many have completely dropped out of the market the gobernment gets a pass anyway.The Total lost jobs from 2008-2013 is 1.5 million. And it looks like this graph includes volunteers and part time as full employment8-).
In 2012 it was closer to a total loss in jobs of 5 million. And of the "meteoric" :laughing7: rise in jobs since 2012, a hefty chunk of them are part time workers. Yep.. screwy numbers going around. But, again, do whatever you have too to sleep at night knowing your policies are destroying your country.

US Employment and Jobs | Department of Numbers
chart

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

You proved my point! You can try to peddle this faux conspiracy theory all you want. If you think another failed Issa investigation into nothing is going to help you, good luck with that!

How could someone who left the US Census Bureau in 2011 have faked numbers that influenced the November 2012 election?

This is just another GNoP attempt to smear our President. And, once again, you aren't going to let the facts mean anything. On another thread here (regarding the fake Norman Thomas "quote") you established your standard of accuracy as "there is a chance it came from him still." At least you're holding to it.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44:

You proved my point! You can try to peddle this faux conspiracy theory all you want. If you think another failed Issa investigation into nothing is going to help you, good luck with that!

How could someone who left the US Census Bureau in 2011 have faked numbers that influenced the November 2012 election?

This is just another GNoP attempt to smear our President. And, once again, you aren't going to let the facts mean anything. On another thread here (regarding the fake Norman Thomas "quote") you established your standard of accuracy as "there is a chance it came from him still." At least you're holding to it.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

I guess it escaped your poor comprehension skills again.
From my post."According to the Post, Buckmon "was not the only one" faking survey data."
And you feel ISSA is out to get Poor ol BO? Over and over and over and over and over,, Because there is absolutely no way he has lied to you and you don't know it,, nope.

Who are you to tell me about accuracy friend,, You stated a complete fabrication trying to throw that thread( claiming Reagan said it???!! lolol) and didn't think anyone would call you on it. And you said that Woodrow Wilson would have saved the entire nation with health care. Bet you wished you had researched that before you quoted it off of the "Commies are Americans Too" website,, huh? You need better sources. But good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question you all should be asking is; Why do I have to pay an insurance to get basic medical treatment?

Please keep thread on topic

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread