Unidentifiable Colonial Copper? Or Something Else?

DJ Kinney

Apr 28, 2013
Boston
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello. I have never posted anything before but am curious about this item.

Here is the geographic background. We just bought a house in Hull, MA. It is at the very top of a hill that has certainly had some kind of frequent occupation since Hull was first a fishing outpost in the 1620s. It's a prominent lookout. The houses that exist now--including this one--were built in 1900. I have been metal detecting the back yard and have found a huge quantity of stuff from about 1932 (dog license) onward. But this item turned up. It is copper, very thin, and completely corroded and unidentifiable. The only thing that tickles the imagination is the possibility of a letter or two at the edge. This may be a real letter or may be like seeing shapes in the clouds. It is more obvious in person than in the photographs and appears to be an 'R' or 'B' but who knows.

I doubt it can be identified, but would just like to know opinions on various likelihoods.

Thanks for your time,

DJ

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Apr 28, 2013
Chillicothe ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, minelab etrac, fisher, teknetics,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could possibly be a 1775 WILLIAM COLONIAL 1/2 CENT. Idk just a guess considering you really cant see much of any details. Still a good find no matter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DJ Kinney

DJ Kinney

Apr 28, 2013
Boston
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, thanks. I guess we'll never know for sure, but I'm going to keep searching my back yard.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread