Unique rides Tues night

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
We took our maiden voyage in the 33 Ford, first ride and it was perfect. I am now called Maaatha, but 'ol Henry was acting like a little boy, big smiles on his face. It is ready for the antique auto show Thurs night, so look out for those pictures, should be great. Then this balloon flies over the house at the same time 'ol Henry was takaing his first ride, nice!

Attachments

• balloon 33 002.JPG
    balloon 33 002.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 215
  • balloon 33 003.JPG
    balloon 33 003.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 213
  • balloon 33 001.JPG
    balloon 33 001.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 222
T

TreasureTales

What a cute pickup. That would make a great treasure hunting rig!!! Would your husband mind if it got "desert pinstriping" on it? hehehe ;)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I can not believe it went from junk (he'd have my head for that statement ;)) to this in 11 months, allot of blood, sweat and tears, but she is ready.

Attachments

• LIE.JPG
    LIE.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 216
  • LIE.JPG
    LIE.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 213
T

TreasureTales

Did he do the restoration himself? If he did, would he consider restoring a 1950 Willys Wagon for me? I'd absolutely love to have a restored Willys! Course, I could only afford to pay about $2.03 in clad each week -- from my detecting excursions. :D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
TreasureTales said:
Did he do the restoration himself? If he did, would he consider restoring a 1950 Willys Wagon for me? I'd absolutely love to have a restored Willys! Course, I could only afford to pay about $2.03 in clad each week -- from my detecting excursions. :D

He might mind the pin stripes, but he would love to restore another. Yeah him and his buddies did everything, including the paint job. Most of them are laid off for the winter or have limited work, so it kept them very busy, I figured it would take a life time to fix up. Where there is a will there is a way. Oh even 10 year old Tyler helped, he loved the sanding.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It sure turned out gorgeous! Can't wait for the pictures of the show! :D Tell ol' Henry well done! :D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Much work but allot of gratification. If you notice it did not have a pick up bed on it? The boys actually fabricated the bed, tail gate and rear fenders all from scratch. It has a factory pto, so they made the bed a dump bed. Gerry and Gary say the only thing going in that bed is feathers though :D.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CG...those are some nice pics...especially the one before it was restored. Shows how much work and love was put into the restoration.

Where's Maatha?

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
wesfrye53 said:
CG...those are some nice pics...especially the one before it was restored. Shows how much work and love was put into the restoration.

Where's Maatha?

Love is a good word Wes, the look on 'ol Henrys face when he came back in the yard.............priceless!

Maaatha can't take ic's ;) of herself in the truck they are comming, but only if they came out ok :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun, fun, fun!!

;) RR

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Boy between the Antique show tomarrow and the balloon fest this comming weekend......you folks are going to see some pic's :D!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread