UNIVBFan CRH Log

UNIVBFan

Apr 2, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, so I decided I would start logging my hunts. Not going to be nearly as interesting as the rest of you on here as I hunt infrequently, and usually in small quantities. I travel alot for work and occassionally will stop in at banks and credit unions to see if they have any halves or foreign coin. I was a collector long before I started CRHing, got started by my Grandma whose collection I inherited when she passed away. Been trying to keep it going.

First hunt about a month ago, $100 in halves (previously posted about my error in not buying all available ;-). Got 1 1962 Ben and three Kennedy 40%s. It was enough to get me hooked.

Just did my second hunt. Asked the teller for any halves, large coins or foreign, and the only had one in the whole place. She said they have someone else who collects that stuff. So I took the half, which was just a clad, but I took it anyways since I had asked, and got a roll of quarters, a roll of dimes, and nine rolls of pennies to even out to $20. Skunked on the quarters and dimes (no surprise). From the pennies I got 1 wheat (1958), 4 2009's, 112 pre-1982, and 9 1982 (various varieties) that I need to check through for my coin collection. Also got a few coins for my coin collection, so overall, not too very good, but not a complete waste.

Thanks again to all the helpful CRHers and the advice you pass along to us newbies!

Totals:
1 - Ben
3 - Kennedy 40%
1 - Wheat
112 - Pre-82 copper

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

UNIVBFan

Apr 2, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I could have eliminated the totals in my post since I have my stats listed below it. Oh well, still learning...

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I could have eliminated the totals in my post since I have my stats listed below it. Oh well, still learning...

Looking forward to following your CRHing conquest! Haha and I like that you put your totals cause I have the mobile app and I cannot see peoples signatures. HH!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds UNIVBFan!

OP
OP
U

UNIVBFan

Apr 2, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Swung by the CU to make a deposit and picked up a few rolls for the afternoon. Four dimes and two pennies. Nothing exciting. $0.23 in copper pennies and one for my collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread