FirstT2finds.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.. I'm from Florida too.. but I may be able to help some.
Next to the 3 ringer might be part of a lead bale seal. Next to that looks like a two part bullet from the same period..those were used to clean the barrel by the bottom expanding when fired to press against the interior surface of the barrel as it exits.
The concave disk as shown in this photo is described as part of a pistol butt cap.

fig46.jpeg

OP
OP
Bunker

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the info. I never would have thought "pistol butt cap" for the those small items. That is pretty cool. The suspender buckle makes sense now that I look at it again.
Here is another pix of upper middle find. "lead bale seal" is a definite possibility. I was thinking smashed bullet. About the same weight as the 3 ringer. It has an interesting pattern in the lead.
Appreciate the feedback!
Bunker

FlattenedBullet.jpg

OP
OP
Bunker

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herb for the input.
HH,
Bunker

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last item you pictured is a fired shot gun slug

the brass round "washers",are just that....they are washers that are used on leather rivets

the three prong iron does strike me as a center piece to a suspender buckle,but I cant recall ever seeing one of iron?Your is iron right?Its rusted?

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BUNKER What were you doing in my neck of the woods ? Did you stop and see WILDMAN DENT Next to the General in Big Shanty ?

I have a friend who is a Law enforcement ranger there at the battlefield ---- He said the whole area is still haunted , all the rangers hat to work the overnight shift , they still see ghosts and will hear commands , more so around the Kulps Farm area -----

OP
OP
Bunker

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last item you pictured is a fired shot gun slug

the brass round "washers",are just that....they are washers that are used on leather rivets

the three prong iron does strike me as a center piece to a suspender buckle,but I cant recall ever seeing one of iron?Your is iron right?Its rusted?

Thanks Kuger,
Yes the last item is iron. Found in an area with lots of nails and the Williams Cleaner and a couple of other things I didn't post. The "washers are very thin and concave, interesting they would be used as washers...looks like they would snap in half under pressure. I know they degrade a bit over time.
Appreciate your knowledge!
Bunker

@citiyboy...Haven't heard any strange sounds out there yet. Will keep an eye out though!!!

OP
OP
Bunker

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I finally figured out what those small "washer" looking things are. I dug a Williams Cleaner Bullet yesterday as well as another one of those "washers". After showing the bullet to a friend, it hit me. The "washer" is the zinc disk that goes on the Williams Cleaner. It matches size wise and the concave shape will allow it to expand to extend beyond the edge and clean the barrel.
Thanks for looking,
Bunker

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!!Learned a new one today!Its now a successful day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread