surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ferguson,

Welcome to this place & thanks for showing us your two Manitous. "Potbelly," eh? I've not heard that descriptive term before. I woulda called it a tenpin, meself. What's the story on the "Waterous" v. Watrous spelling? Another example of misbegotten mould cutter error?

Here's hoping you'll share some other examples from your collection with us. :occasion14:

ferguson

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apple 010.JPG apple 009.JPG bottless 003.JPG Most likely a spelling mistake, the drug bottle you posted is from same place.I have several bottles with spelling mistakes and one where town changed name. Watrous was heavely dug in the early 70s and quite a few sodas came out of that dig,the druggist you posted is a common one but these days none seem to show up very often.Saskatchewan is not a old province settled in late 1880s I envey the early bottles. PS potbelly was a old timer term which I never lost (we also say tenpin)Ill post a few sask picks James 006.JPG cabnet 005.JPG druggist bottle ad 007.JPG estevan 003.JPG druggist bottle ad 009.JPG druggist bottle ad 006.JPG estevan 006.JPG I have over 300 druggist 20 siphons 50 sodas and beers.

Last edited:

ferguson

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you pick up the watrous druggist bottle? how far away are you from Saskatchewan,im amazed how bottles travel. James

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is a very clean one Pikes. I love cool sodas. We dont dig too many like that but I would not pass it up thats for sure. jgas

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
are those built ins?...did you do it yourself?....nice room!

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ferguson, Thanks for sharing your collection with us !!!!! definitly a great collection from Canada !! and for the additional info on my bottle,I also call them "tenpins" But sure will remember " "Potbelly" . Gas , I sure was disappointed not to see your open pontil pit dig on the banner this morning !!

ferguson

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cabinet is a 1903 store one from my home town,12 ft long 7 ft high has been perfect for bottle displaying. sorry not a new bottle for you, this is a well known bottle to our area here, is neat to see it travel that far,we get a lot of American bottles because of americans coming to settle here,odd to see one go back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread