Unprecedented skunk on four boxes of halves

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I just went through 4 boxes of half dollars and for the first time, got skunked. I didn't find any proofs, no 40% silver, no 90% kennedys, no Franklins, and no Walkers. This has never happened to me with this source of boxes. And I never would have expected it with four boxes, maybe two, but not four. Sorry for the downer news, but I guess that makes me normal.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, rotten luck RD. Those über-skunks are really a downer. Better boxes are in your future I can feel it!

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Bummer - 4 at once, all skunks, is a bad day for sure... but look at the bright side,
it cant get any worse next time :)

I also feel a jackpot in your future. I went 7 or 8 in a row over 4 weeks one time. As said
in other posts - I had picked up my last box and told the teller to stop orders...... even went
as far as placing an order from a different bank already too... then opened that last box and
had a heart-attack.

You see, the Silver's like to play games. They congregate in the bins and hoppers (they are smarter)
, and let all the clad get boxed up ahead of them. But sooner or later, they are all that remain...
and they get scooped up and into the same box. They laugh about the anguish they cause and
make bets on how mad the searcher is getting. But eventually, they give in, and surprise you
one day. Its how they entertain themselves... little buggers ! God Bless 'em.

(I heard on the Outdoor channel, that this is actually true !! ;) )

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Any skunk is a bad skunk, but better times are coming in the next box or 2.
Best of luck, Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread