unpredictable

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that the unpredictability of this hobby is well known by the vetrans out there, but my own experience is often the best teacher. I"ve been going through my 4th box of nickels (never found anything unless you count pre 1960's jeffersons)s and thought I had a miserable box. The reason I thought this is that I was 1/4 through the box and only found 2 pre 60 coins. To me that meant there just wasn't much old stuff and I was unlikely to find anything cool.

Now I'm 3/4 through the box and I've found my first two buffalos. I'm pretty sure one is a 1925, and the other date i can't determine. I want to say it ends in a 4, but who knows. Neither appears to have a mintmark. Maybe some nic-a-date is in my future (or a vinegar soak??)

I know that this probably doesn't qualify as a great box for most, but any finds for me are exciting. Especially since I've never seen one of these in person. Next I'm hoping for a war nickel. Hope all is well everyone!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hokiemojo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Well, I just got aroudn to finishing the box and found one more Buffalo. To say it shows some wear is an incredible understatement. One of the worst shape coins I've ever seen with the exception of the pennies that must have been left in the road or a parkign lot for a few weeks (-: It's a keeper to me though. That's 3 keepers in 2 months of hunting nickels. Nice to finally have something to show for all that time (-:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions