OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure you find out what this particular branch's policy is when it comes to taking rolled coin. Unscrupulous customers will often intentionally short rolls or fill them with slugs, foreign coins, etc. Because of this, many banks are switching to a "no rolled coin" policy. It would be a shame to fire a complaint in against a "rude" teller when she was just doing what her superiors told her to do in the first place.

I've had this happen to me. Many years ago I worked at one of the major home improvement businesses selling appliances and electronics. During my tenure there, we had a big problem with a certain brand of TV. They were vert cheaply made and a piece of junk actually. At least 1 out of every 4 would get returned to the store within 3 months. Well, instead of just dropping that brand of TV as the store should have IMO, they decided to just simply no longer offer a refund/exchange policy on that particular TV. Customers were to be instructed to deal with the manufacturor directly for refund/replacement. I didn't agree with the policy, but being a lowly salesman all I could do is what I was told. Sure enough on the first day of the new policy a customer tries to return one of these junky TVs. I did as I was told and nicely explained to the customer what I was told to tell him. Of course he became irate. I was called every name that I had ever heard and a few I never had. I was threatened with all types of bodily harm, but somehow held my tongue. At his request I called in my supervisor who surprise, surprise exchanged the TV immediately. Within 2 weeks, this happened to me no less than 5 times, and every time the customer got a new TV making me look like an ass. Well, 3 of those customers complained about my "terrible" customer service. I was even called into the managers office about it and written up for "bad customer service." What could I have done? If I had exchanged the TVs, I would have been written up or maybe even fired. But yet I was written up for not exchanging the TVs. Definitely a no-win situation for me. I ended up putting in my 2 weeks notice shorthly thereafter.

There is nothing wrong with complaining about bad customer service. I just hope that you make sure you received it before complaining.
You know what? I'm in sales my self.managment puts us in horrible position ALL the time. I get to be the front man for everything that goes wrong. I take earfuls everyday. Deal with it. Occasionally I have a bad day as well, but this teller wasn't just doing what she was told. She enjoyed it.......... When I have to tell a customer bad news I do it sincerely and heartfelt. I offer to help in any way I can. I don't just make up some BS and tell them. To get lost. Because that's what happened to me and if I did that to a customer you better believe there going to complain. Because they complain for a whole lot less let me tell you........
Bottom line is what goes around comes around. Treat people how you want to be treated. I'm a Scorpio so I have a bit of a revenge in my blood.
Hershey's kisses?

In the famous word of the "soup nazi" NO SOUP(kisses) FOR YOU!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread