Up for some Nashville TN digging

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Middle of August, I will be visiting my brother in Nashville and also heading up to Knoxville for a little while. What I was wondering if there are any old areas that are open for detecting (parks, etc.,)? I am mostly a coin shooter, but I am open for any type of detecting. I only like detecting older areas, even if it means old worthless junk rather than newer stuff or clad.

Does it seem that most of the older houses have probably been hit?

I was going to poke fun on this thread and ask what in the heck is there to find in Nashville, but I just couldn't because I see way too many good finds on here and in the Digger magazine that are from the Nashville area.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guy.... I live about 1hr. West-Southwest of Nashville near Centerville TN. I have an old road behind my home that used to be the main road from Centerville to Columbia. I've MD'ed about 5% of it. If you enjoy digging in concrete like soil and would like a horseshoe collection come on over. I've found short pieces of chain, horseshoes, chain, horseshoes and more chains. But there's GOT to be a coin somewhere and the "Lost Golden Horseshoe" is still LOST!!!!

But seriously... It's all wooded and my buddy and I have attempted to MD just a fraction of the high ridge overlooking the Duck River where an old ferry used to be. If your interested in this old road and it's surroundings give me a PM and we'll talk. Wish ya the best on your TN. visit though. Later, Brad

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nashville Parks are off limits to metal detecting. You may try contacting the metal detecting club there and see if they can give you more info on where to go.
Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread