UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and its a beauty

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty

My wife, son, and I headed to the beach over the weekend. Night time arrived Sunday and I tried a spot near the hotel. I decided I would try searching a small area of the beach really well rather than just pick an area and pass through it. I mostly try searching the waterline but this time was different, I decided I would try the dry sand also. To make a long story short I found this baby near a trail of pull tabs about 8 inches down. I realized it wasn't another coin by the sound it made swirling around in the scoop. In the moon light I could see it was a large ring, but figured it was a child's fantasy ring. I decided to pull out the flashlight and I started to get weak in my knees with the sight of gold. Afther checking the area to see if there was anything else, I headed back to the hotel (almost running).

I haven't found out yet what the green stone is but as soon as I find out I will post it. There are 13 nice size diamonds around the green stone, the ring itself is heavy, 14k.

I guess I finally paid for my Excalibur.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0771 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0771 Large e-mail view.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 7,646
  • IMG_0772 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0772 Large e-mail view.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7,633
  • IMG_0774 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0774 Large e-mail view.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 7,609
  • IMG_0775 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0775 Large e-mail view.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7,572
  • IMG_0784 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0784 Large e-mail view.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 7,580
  • IMG_0799 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0799 Large e-mail view.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 7,454
  • IMG_0801 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0801 Large e-mail view.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7,362
  • IMG_0802 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0802 Large e-mail view.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 7,343
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty

OG and DD thanks for the comments and the support. That find way back in 2007 only increased my addiction to this hobby.

It's one of those finds that I will probably never be able to match again.

HH

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JP said:
OG and DD thanks for the comments and the support. That find way back in 2007 only increased my addiction to this hobby.

It's one of those finds that I will probably never be able to match again.

HH

Hey, you never know... :laughing7: you could find a bar of gold. Its happened. Or a big nugget. Or a treasure chest full of the same. Thats what is so great about this hobby. It can happen. You made a great find. It fired you up. BUT it also fired up everyone who you told or who read about it and saw the photo's. Except for those whose natural inclination is to disparage anyone and everything on finds like that. They cant stand people having hope.

When I first started detecting with a good machine after many years of using a so-so detector. I found 2 gold rings, a silver dollar, a bunch of silver dimes and 2 silver spoons, 3 collectors spoons that were silver plate, and some other stuff. I found those items my first month of hunting after I got a sovereign xs. I had been using for many years an old Garrett groundhog. It was a good machine for its day and was good for nugget hunting but for much anything else...well...it was outdated, needed work, etc.

But that month fired my imagination. And I have never had a month like it since. BUT I still hope and I still make a nice find once in a while. And I never stop hoping. But far too many give up and then when THEY give up and get discouraged, they seem to feel everyone should feel that way so they wont be alone so they disparage the finds others make, try to find fault and generally try to drag everyone down to their level.
Which just PI &&*(+_) me off.

You made an outstanding find. I am glad you kept it and let you wife "borrow" it once in a while. :tongue3:
I showed your find to my wife, and she told me bluntly that I found something like that I had better not just let her "borrow" it. On pain of death. :laughing9:
Take care guy and good luck on the finds and hope you find many more like that first one. I have found 5 gold rings total in my years. One just a few weeks ago. Plain wedding band. My wife claimed that one too. <sigh> But thats ok. Am keeping quiet about any others. Gotta get some money back to help pay for this hobby. A little anyway. :icon_pirat:

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

JP,

Superior find!!!! Do not sweat the sale. A couple of years ago I found a large gold nugget - the biggest I had ever found. To large to do anything with such as wear it etc. I put it in the bank and it sat there for two years doing nothing except taking up space in my bank box. So, when gold went over $1100 and ounce, I decided to look into selling it. I had it appraised, and it sold for more than the appraised value. I purchased a new detector, put money in the bank, and purchased my wonderful wife a gold and diamond bracelet. I have found smaller nuggets since then, but have never regretted the sale. Unless you are going to used something like that, I do not think it is a bad decision. You will find other beautiful things, this was only the ice breaker!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions