OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI told you this?.....see my above comment about how the FBI manipulates people to their advantage when they dont fully understand the legal aspects of their situation.The FBI or local /state police will also tell people if they just confess to the crime they are being implicated in it will be better for them.....it often isnt.

Even if something was found which there wasnt......... but let's pretend there was for now.Here is my take on what would happen.

Without a bond describing the work to be done and items/material or minerals to be extracted or a written contract with the land owner I'm not sure any of it would be yours.
You didnt dig it up the FBI did.....DCNR owns the property and I can say with almost 100% certainty you would have no legal standing to anything at all removed from Dents Run.

Also a huge factor that would come into play in any court battle over any found gold would be your refusal to performance bond the site.It doesn't matter why you didnt want to post a bond.Anyone wanting to do any type of work involving earth removal or reshaping on DCNR property must post a performance bond.You guys had that chance .....refused and that has turned out to be a colossal mistake.

It will be near impossible to convince a judge or jury that you guys should get a chuck of something found when you had a chance to recover it yourself but choose not to go thru the little bit of red tape in order to do that.

Had you bonded the site you would have had total control over the dig....not regulated to sitting in your car while others dug the site.

To sum this all up I have no doubt the FBI misled you about the % of a find you may get ....if it was Spanish it isnt even theirs to give away in the first place.Was your lawyer involved in your decision to take the FBI word over a finders fee to something that is not even theirs to give away?

No the FBI did not misled us , they just gave us a idea of what % would be given on what was found if we went to Federal Court. No one knew for sure what was down under, ya the equipment would say Gold or Silver but who's gold was it when it was lost that counts. No they did not tell us what % we would get. They had to dig it up first, then we would have to go to Federal Court to find out what if any is ours.

Why do a bond that states we give up our RIGHTS TO ANYTHING FOUND , if we had some rights on Finders Fee we plan to keep them . This bond stated we get nothing for doing the dig, but we must pay for the dig and re claim the land . Why would anyone sign a bond like that. Now if they would remove the part that stated WE lose all rights to any thing found , then Yes we would of done the bond but they would not make any changes to it. We did the right thing​

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no point in telling you what we found over the years, no matter what we would say or post you would just say Ya we bought that on Ebay or something just to put it down. So no I have nothing to prove to you . You do your thing your way , and I will do my things my way. End of story

Fair enough. Lemme know if you ever want a discount on that education, I'm happy to help.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exactly were these sensors that detected things so deep?

You were just told by agent not to talk about it?

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the FBI did not misled us , they just gave us a idea of what % would be given on what was found if we went to Federal Court. No one knew for sure what was down under, ya the equipment would say Gold or Silver but who's gold was it when it was lost that counts. No they did not tell us what % we would get. They had to dig it up first, then we would have to go to Federal Court to find out what if any is ours.

...the FBI was totally honest with you about the % of your finders fee,even on items they had no jurisdiction over.
I'm guessing at some point they changed their minds and decided to screw you over ....even after being so helpful at first.

You also say in the above quote "No,they did not tell us what % we would get"
Just a couple posts back you have in red print the exact % you said the FBI told you that you would get.

You actually contradict yourself about what the FBI said about a finders fee in the above post only a couple sentences apart....once again this is why people get so confused trying to sort out your posts.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy::coffee2:

Not saying People should Break the Law. But this is a Great Example why People Consider It.

When the Powers That Be, Throw you off, Then come in & "Investigate" then refuse to
tell their conclusions, Without a Court Order that costs Thousands maybe tens of Thousands.
to get. through Lawyers & Court Cases. Something's Wrong.

Sadly it will also Taint what ever Info the State Does Release Now.
Will it be heavily Redacted & Will it even be Accurate ?
If I thought there was even close to that amount I would have no problem going after it, I sure wouldn't have contacted any state or federal agency thinking I would get anything out of it then. Even if there was something there and you prove it, you most likely won't get anything anyway.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no point in telling you what we found over the years, no matter what we would say or post you would just say Ya we bought that on Ebay or something just to put it down. So no I have nothing to prove to you . You do your thing your way , and I will do my things my way. End of story
Why bother posting on here about something you can't prove in the first place then?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I been saying, but I can not talk about it YET. In the FBI files it says there is a main file and a sub file. The sub file is about the investigation we asked for. As I said employees of the state did things that we wanted the FBI to check out. I would like nothing better than the FBI to come out with a statement and tell what they found at the site and what did they find out in their investigation. I would never trust them again or work with them again but it would make them look better to the public.
What was you thinking when you thought you could trust them in the first place? I already knew what you say you now know.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like nothing better than the FBI to come out with a statement and tell what they found at the site

They already did a long time ago and said "NOTHING" was found.
You have rejected this statement and so far used photos of dirt with lines drawn on them from photoshop,stock photos of armored cars and helicopters to refute that statement from the FBI.

You rejecting the claim is not a surprise given the fact you have also rejected other experts opinions about your other finds when they didnt match up with the claims you were making.

Here are a couple of examples

In NS you have rejected the opinions of top experts that said there was nothing of intrest ....let alone a Templar Castle on the former Joan Harris property.

In Dents Run you rejected the dating of items that experts have said was post Civil War ....instead taking the opinion of a guy whose name you dont know who worked the counter of a local gun store.

To be fair I would love to know exactly how the FBI got tangled up in this Dents Run deal but unfortunately I dont think the answer to that question will ever come from your group.

Many of us have been waiting over 10 years for you to show the key you used to solve the Beale Ciphers.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...the FBI was totally honest with you about the % of your finders fee,even on items they had no jurisdiction over.
I'm guessing at some point they changed their minds and decided to screw you over ....even after being so helpful at first.

You also say in the above quote "No,they did not tell us what % we would get"
Just a couple posts back you have in red print the exact % you said the FBI told you that you would get.

You actually contradict yourself about what the FBI said about a finders fee in the above post only a couple sentences apart....once again this is why people get so confused trying to sort out your posts.
Ya I know it came out that way but that's not how it went. I said the FBI told us things in their office Ya but it was after the meeting days later our lawyer talked to them again about %. There is so much info to talk about , hay its been 17 months and I am posting info I remember in the order it went, this is not easy for me. A lot of people are working with us and for me to get the info on this post in order can be hard. I am doing my best to answer all questions and you are doing a good job checking my post out so I can make it sound better. At the meeting No the FBI did not tell us what % we would or could get , but we had a agreement . At the meeting they said they were busy and when they had time they would look into our info. They said it could be weeks or months. Then the next day we got a call from them, they wanted to be on site with my crew and our equipment to see readings of gold. It was after they saw the gold readings that things started to move fast . That's when my lawyer called them to ask about some questions on %. A lot of phone calls were made each day over the 2 month period. We were told we COULD get a % of the find but it was up to the Federal Courts to decide . No one could make us a deal on % because no one knew what kind of gold or silver was down under. We knew Spanish Silver was buried 10 miles away but was what we located in this cave Spanish. We knew Union Gold was in the area to but the story said 26 bars or 52 bars and that is 2 1/2 tons so were did the rest of the 7 tons come from ???? We think there was more than 1 treasure buried at this site .
This is why DCNR could not make a deal but they wanted us to give up any rights to anything found so they could claim our share . Ya its one big mess. There is a lot more to this story that I can not talk about until we are in Federal Court. We are still waiting for word from DCNR on when they will give us the info we want in their files. Now we wait again :censored:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was you thinking when you thought you could trust them in the first place? I already knew what you say you now know.

Hay I never said I trust the FBI, I even set up trail cams to film the dig just incase they tried to screw us. After our layer and us met with DCNR' s Lawyers at DCNR's Office in Harrisburg and they offered us the deal were we give up our rights but we can do the dig is when things went quiet for 3 yrs. Nothing was being done so we went to the FBI to see what they could do. They were our last choice after 13 yrs. Hay we had trail cams on site and so did DCNR so when people say way did you not do a night dig, Hay they had a office just on the other side of our site in Hicks Run. I was told the office was just in front of our cave site from 1929 until 1970's then they moved it to Hicks Run. There was DCNR and Forestry around us all the time. If I dug at the site and they caught me I would of lost everything and no finders fee. DCNR dug at the site and I caught them on film now we wait to see what happens and I have the FBI on film and again we wait to see what happens when we get their files to.

OK I did say on the post above I would never trust them again , but that was to do the investigation on DCNR . I did not mean it to sound like I trusted them to do the dig​

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay I never said I trust the FBI, I even set up trail cams to film the dig just incase they tried to screw us. After our layer and us met with DCNR' s Lawyers at DCNR's Office in Harrisburg and they offered us the deal were we give up our rights but we can do the dig is when things went quiet for 3 yrs. Nothing was being done so we went to the FBI to see what they could do. They were our last choice after 13 yrs. Hay we had trail cams on site and so did DCNR so when people say way did you not do a night dig, Hay they had a office just on the other side of our site in Hicks Run. I was told the office was just in front of our cave site from 1929 until 1970's then they moved it to Hicks Run. There was DCNR and Forestry around us all the time. If I dug at the site and they caught me I would of lost everything and no finders fee. DCNR dug at the site and I caught them on film now we wait to see what happens and I have the FBI on film and again we wait to see what happens when we get their files to.

OK I did say on the post above I would never trust them again , but that was to do the investigation on DCNR . I did not mean it to sound like I trusted them to do the dig​
Looks like you lost everything anyway, so a covert dig would have been better and you already had lawyers that would back you after everything went silent for 3yrs.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exactly were these sensors that detected things so deep?

You were just told by agent not to talk about it?

We were told not to talk about what happened at Dents Run until after the investigation was done. After 1 yr they would not tell us anything about the investigation or how long it could last. So that's when we started talking to the news media. We are not sure if they are doing a investigation or using the term to stull them from having to talk.

Sensors ??? The FBI brought in Enviroscan from Phil. and they were on site for 5 hrs with their equipment doing the scan. They did 57 scans of the site in a grid pattern of 2'sq .

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They already did a long time ago and said "NOTHING" was found.
You have rejected this statement and so far used photos of dirt with lines drawn on them from photoshop,stock photos of armored cars and helicopters to refute that statement from the FBI.

You rejecting the claim is not a surprise given the fact you have also rejected other experts opinions about your other finds when they didnt match up with the claims you were making.

Here are a couple of examples

In NS you have rejected the opinions of top experts that said there was nothing of intrest ....let alone a Templar Castle on the former Joan Harris property.

In Dents Run you rejected the dating of items that experts have said was post Civil War ....instead taking the opinion of a guy whose name you dont know who worked the counter of a local gun store.

To be fair I would love to know exactly how the FBI got tangled up in this Dents Run deal but unfortunately I dont think the answer to that question will ever come from your group.

Many of us have been waiting over 10 years for you to show the key you used to solve the Beale Ciphers.

I stand behind everything I said over the 10 yrs of posting here. I am willing to do a TV show on the Beale Codes when we can. We will do a TV show on what we found in Nova Scotia to but things like this take time. Its taken us 13yrs to get Dents Run dug up and when you say Nothing was found , that was a statement made from the FBI to make everyone think nothing was found SO THEY COULD DO THE INVESTIGATION . Had they told what they found , I am sure the people they plan to investigate would destroy records of what happened at the site. Until you know all the facts I am sure you will agree with the FBI as they had hoped.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is not required to prove it.

No, but since FK is here to tell his story, and apparently seeking a sympathetic audience, then it is certainly not out-of-bounds to say "Show Me" when things appear to not add up. And FK is not obligated in the least to show anything he doesn't want to show. Ferinstance, I asked him and he said 'no.' That's fine, no need to keep asking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but since FK is here to tell his story, and apparently seeking a sympathetic audience, then it is certainly not out-of-bounds to say "Show Me" when things appear to not add up. And FK is not obligated in the least to show anything he doesn't want to show. Ferinstance, I asked him and he said 'no.' That's fine, no need to keep asking.

I was replying to this....

Why bother posting on here about something you can't prove in the first place then?

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were told not to talk about what happened at Dents Run until after the investigation was done.

Here we go again.......who told you not to talk?

In another thread you stated the FBI never told you you couldn't talk and the 1 year wait was self imposed by you as a way to try and entice the FBI to talk to you......or as you put it back then "How you play the game"

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Its time I let everyone know why I posted the pictures and the info in the way I did . ITS HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. The FBI has not talked to us or my lawyer or our Senator in one year so I made dead lines and some I did not keep just to see if the FBI would call my lawyer. Did not happen so at 1yr we decided to tell it all but only give out so much info. The FBI did not know if we had proof, or pictures so I posted some pictures from before the dig , then I posted pictures after the dig, then I posted pictures of them setting up, and still no call from them. WE did think they would raid my house but that did not happen either. So again we posted pictures of the night dig and nothing , then we showed the dig in hole 1 and that alone should of made them talk to us , but nothing from them. So by now they know I do have what I say I have but I need to keep them in the dark with some info. Do we have pictures of them removing the gold and silver treasure . THIS TIME THEY WIN , but I play to win to so now its time we take this to Court .

There is your exact quote .....FBI never contacted you so you set your own deadline

That thread got closed before I had the chance to ask if you could post the photo you claim is the night time dig ....only this time dont crop out the time stamp on the photo.As a trail cam user myself it looks like shortly before before dusk when the photo was taken.I know the time stamp would be right because time stamps of how long it took for a DCNR rep to make it up the hill is also used as evidence of gold being recovered.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was replying to this....

Yes, I know. My response to it was a general statement that I hope a well-justified 'show me' is always allowed on TNet, even though the claimant has no obligation to show anything. And using my own recent query as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread