OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again.......who told you not to talk?

In another thread you stated the FBI never told you you couldn't talk and the 1 year wait was self imposed by you as a way to try and entice the FBI to talk to you......or as you put it back then "How you play the game"

NO you got it wrong again, I never said that , nice try. Believe what you want. You got enough info and if you think they found nothing GREAT . Time will prove you wrong.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time will prove you wrong.

I wont be holding my breath......as I said I am still waiting for your Beale Cipher solve you promised to reveal well over 10 years ago.

"The Beale Codes have finally been solved and soon the public will find out the truth about this 200 yr old story. A treasure hunting company from Clearfield Pa. known as Finders Keepers has broken both codes and as soon as they get a state rep. from Va. to check it out then they will go public."......Finders Keepers Oct 30 2008

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To anyone:

The earliest written account of the Dents Run treasure I've seen is an article in the July 1974 issue of Treasure magazine, written by "Sandra Gardner." As is typical of treasure mag articles, there are no references to any prior publications. There is also a comic book version of the story in Treasure Search, June 1980. I also see the story repeated, with significant embellishments, in Lost Gold & Buried Treasure by Kevin Randle (1995).

Questions...

Is there a published account of this story prior to 1974?

Are there other significant versions of the story published after 1974? Particularly including details in the Randle account.

I have read that research has determined that (a) the particular Union soldiers mentioned by name in the story appear nowhere in the military records of the time and that (b) Pinkerton has no records that they were ever involved in the subsequent search. Can anyone positively verify or refute these claims?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone please start a new thread when you get pics of what was recovered. Threads like this get too long.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of this makes any sense, if DCNR had no jurisdiction and the site was private property, and you had permission from the owner, why not dig it up, make it publicly known and then settle all the legal hassles?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NewAge any more attacks on FK will not end well. If you dont like the thread dont read it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have hundreds of forums, thousands of threads, just like channels on a TV, dont like the channel change the station.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see I had a post deleted, I'm going to guess he has friends at TNET.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, To many members are over thinking this story and getting it wrong. I can only post so much info and I have to stay quiet on some things . So ya I can see why some member get it wrong. This is a big deal and we are doing everything to get it in Federal Court . I must do as the lawyer says and only give out just enough info to keep the public updated on how things are going. If we didn't know what the FBI removed from the site , or have the proof , WHY would we spend thousands of dollars going after them in Federal Court. If I made this entire story up why would I ever fight to get it in Federal Court. There are members on this site that will back up the FBI no matter what I post. The real question is WHY.

I will do a update when we get word back from DCNR soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of this makes any sense, if DCNR had no jurisdiction and the site was private property, and you had permission from the owner, why not dig it up, make it publicly known and then settle all the legal hassles?

This was on State Land not Private Property. We worked with DCNR on this site for 7 yrs. DCNR could not make us a offer on % of Finders Fee , because they did not have any right's to Union Gold.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must do as the lawyer says and only give out just enough info to keep the public updated on how things are going.

Why do you feel a need to keep the public updated? So far, there really hasn't been any useful information. Why not just keep going at it, quietly?

If we didn't know what the FBI removed from the site , or have the proof, WHY would we spend thousands of dollars going after them in Federal Court. If I made this entire story up why would I ever fight to get it in Federal Court.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're angling for a TV deal. At least you're doing the right things there... use scientific-looking but bogus treasure hunting equipment; gather a bunch of false-positive data; suck the government into the deal; fail to find anything; blame the government & call it a conspiracy. People eat this stuff up, and surely there is cable producer willing to turn it into brain-dead entertainment. We need more Oak Island shows, apparently.

Addendum: I don't think you made up any of the story... I think you believe the treasure is real, I think you believe dowsing and LRLs really work, obviously you have photos that show the FBI was there, and I think you believe they recovered gold. But believing it doesn't make it true, no matter what my cynical tagline might suggest.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
OK, To many members are over thinking this story and getting it wrong. I can only post so much info and I have to stay quiet on some things . So ya I can see why some member get it wrong. This is a big deal and we are doing everything to get it in Federal Court . I must do as the lawyer says and only give out just enough info to keep the public updated on how things are going.

Understood. But to be fair, this is what you started off with:

For the many members that thought this Dents Run Lost Civil War Gold Story was a JOKE, THINK AGAIN . The Associated Press is running a update tonight on the many court trials we been through in the last 16 months. Its been a long fight but the truth will come out. This is why we could not talk about some things and had to stay quiet. NOW WE CAN TALK .

If people are getting things wrong, consider how this thread began.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay I agree with you but as I said their are things everyone is asking for and I can not answer YET. So Ya things look strange. Its like New Age asked about the Night Pictures and why are their no dates or time on them , Maybe they were not taken by a trail cam , there were more camers on site than our trail cams . End of story.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in order to keep this in one thread, Here are some Clippings for ya.

Hopefully they are large enough to Read. If not, Just click & They should Enlarge.

Sorry I Can't supply links. Subscriptions are Needed to open anyway & I Don't like
advertising for sites that insist on subscriptions when you Click the Link.

Plus tHis is NOT a nay sayer's post ? thread

000yyy.jpg

000www.jpg
000xxx.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
York Daily Record Nov 27 , 1978

first.jpg
firstand2.jpg
firstand3.jpg
firstand4.jpg

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Thanks for posting but I believe that 9 tons of gold was found not 9 tons of paper lol TP

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think every single county in the south probably has some kind of a Civil War lost gold legend(most seem to be hidden in a cave somewhere.) There is one in my county, but tracing actual names and verifying any stories to be real almost always never happens. The one in my county is very well known, but I've never been able to trace names back to being an actual real person, and without concrete factual information, I would never consider pursuing it. It would be nice to see a Civil War horde actually being found, but if ever does happen I think it will be an accidental find.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the articles Jeff . it helped me better understand this event .
I believe the gold was there after reading the info you've provided .

I simply don't believe the FBI would go out in the woods with all that equipment in the winter and set up a camp because some guy had a treasure story. and to finders Keepers , your story is in the news ,even your name and picture are out for the world to see so why not tell the rest of the story?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I simply don't believe the FBI would go out in the woods with all that equipment in the winter and set up a camp because some guy had a treasure story.

My thoughts exactly. :icon_thumleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread