Upgraded today

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I decided (or actually my wife suggested that I should) go ahead and get the 11 DD F-75 coil for my F-70. This is in part due to the fact that I'll get to hunt an 1830's farmhouse that's in her family in early august. I ordered it at 1 AM Tuesday morning and it already came today! ( I'll give props to Windy City detectors for their prompt service). Took it out for 90 minutes to my local park just to clad shoot to get used to how it behaves. IT is awesome. In a park I've hunted a lot I managed to turn $4.58 cents in clad in that time. Better depth and the separation between targets is awesome! I was surprised at how much larger the coil is than the F-70's 10" concentric. But I prefer the larger coil -- a little more weight to the swing feels good.
I will be excited to use it where there are goodies!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW COIL! HAVE YOU HIT THE BEACH YET?

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Congrats on the upgrade. I believe the F70 comes with the same 10" coil my F5 did so I feel ya. The 11" DD coil is way bigger, better, and I bet your finds will be too!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great coil. My T2 come with that coil. You'll love it. HH
John

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
HAVE YOU HIT THE BEACH YET?
Etrac007,
I may hit it tomorrow with the new coil for a few hours late afternoon. I have been there a few times, but since I found the gold ring there, my luck has gone south find wise there.
hh,
Jon

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
Jon,
Congrats in advance on the new coil and your soon to be silver finds. You will do very well with that coil.

Makton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread