Upgrading from Cibola

Houston1852

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I've been a happy cibola user for maybe 5 yrs now. Lately I've been wondering if its time to upgrade, maybe to something with a little more depth. I thought maybe the vaquero then read there isn't really much difference between the 2. I search mostly dirt fields and homestead sites in the Midwest looking for coins, bullets, buttons, etc. I like the face of the cibola, not sure about touch screens and I don't need it to tell me what's in the ground. Can I get some opinions on a good upgrade? I was thinking in the 300 to 700 price range.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vaquero is two-inches deeper than the Cibola. The Tejon is deeper than both of them. Best of luck to you.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go for the tejon and keep the cibola as a backup

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
In Texas, the Tejon has an edge over the Vaquero. In Colorado, the opposite is true. Both, as Terry says - are deeper than the Cibola.

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread