Upgrading to E Trac

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice Jason. I am watching your you tube videos right now and I can say is WOW. What smaller coil are you using and which would you recommend for trashy areas?

depends on the trash level. If it's "trashy" I put on the Sunray X-8, if it's REALLY trashy I put on the Sunray X-5. The 5" is incredible in pulling goodies out of heavy trash, but it's like trying to paint your house with a toothbrush.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It appears to me that fella has enough detectors to know whether he likes the way any detector performs. If you're very proficient with any detector it is hard to get used to like like a new one. I still love my ATP but I have it on shelf until learn my V3i well enough to know I am getting as much as i can from it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cudamark what size and name brand coil to you use for trashy areas?
I use a 5X10 Coiltec Joey but I've used a SunRay Stealth X-5 too, and find it's an excellent coil also. The E-trac will be a definite upgrade to the ATP. As for salt water hunting, i find the Sov or Excalibur (BBS) in pin point mode, goes a bit deeper than the E-trac (FBS) in discrimination. If the Sov or Excal are in discriminate mode, they're about the same as the E-trac in depth. The advantage to the E-trac is the tone and target I.D. With the Sov and Excal, you only have tone I.D. and it's reasonably good once you get some hours under your belt. At the beach, you're going to scoop any non-ferrous sounds anyway so it doesn't have to have an excellent tone I.D. The E-trac has a very good to excellent tone and visual I.D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread