upper potomac

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
ive asked before and couldnt find any info, so Ill ask again. Tomorrow night I leave for a 3 day kayak, fishing, shore searching trip. I was hoping someone would let me know if Im wasting my time looking for artifacts while Im out there. We start on the upper potomac near Cumberland, MD and do about 55 miles down towards Cacapon W.VA. We actually start above the intersection of the N. and S. Potomacs. The place where the 2 rivers come together is where Im gonna start my lookung but Ide really appreciate any tips if possible. Not looking to steal anybodies spot i only come out here a few days a year. Any thing would be appreciated even just pics of points found in the area. Thanks Bsit

Upvote 0

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..... I have found most of my points along the Potomac. You can do a search of my posts and see the material tat you will be looking for. Lots of white quartz and many other rougher materials. Look for Morrow Mountains and Yadkins as they seem to be very plentiful along this river. Good luck and please update when you get back.

OP
OP
bsit1361

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Are you in western MD or farther down towards DC? Would love to find soma morrows

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bsit1361 said:
Are you in western MD or farther down towards DC? Would love to find soma morrows

I am South of DC near Alexandria. I know its a ways off and I am no expert but I would imagine that they are up North a ways as well. maybe Molly will chime in as she is pretty familiar with VA points and many other states as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions