Where have I been? What Have I Done? Look what I found!!! :)

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends!!!

First.... I hope that this post finds all of you well and finding lots of points. I will be reviewing old posts after this one BUT.... first I have some great news that I am excited to share with all of you. I just had shoulder surgery and am home for a week and will use this time to catch up. Here is the news:

After watching, reading and studying our current political situation, I have come to the sad conclusion that this country is close to a potential meltdown. This has cause me concern for the family as I do not want to be in or near a city population when and if that happens. So... we have spend a great deal of time looking for a remote (Bug Out) property that we can use as a weekend getaway in good times and a source of safety in bad. Long story short... we just purchased a beautiful mountain cabin, high in the Shenandoah Mountains.. It sits on 12 acres (much of which is actually a beautifully forested mountain), has a spring fed well, electricity, is loaded with black bear, deer, etc. And....... is smack dab in the middle of an area that was heavy with Indian activity for thousands of years. There are so many points on the property that I found three while walking the grounds contemplating the purchase!!!! We have spent every weekend there, decorating and supplying the cabin (two bedrooms, a kitchen with bar, living room with fireplace, beautiful deck, ) but I still have managed to find some beauties. Below are my recent finds, excluding the many heart breakers. I will soon do a detailed search of the creek on the property and am excited about the possibilities. The closest neighbor told me that he has found over thirty arrowheads and more than a few axes on and around my new property!!! How cool is that?

Anyway...... sorry to sound like I am boasting and please know that I am not. I am just excited to share with you folks who will understand what a dream it is to now have my own property where I can actually dig and recover items without fear of breaking any rules!!!

Thanks for listening and again... I hope you are all well.

Attachments

• Black SP1.jpg
    Black SP1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 629
  • black sp2.jpg
    black sp2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 613
  • large1.jpg
    large1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 616
  • large 2.jpg
    large 2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 617
  • greay broke tip1.jpg
    greay broke tip1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 607
  • greay broke tip 2.jpg
    greay broke tip 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 614
  • small unk1.jpg
    small unk1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 612
  • small unk2.jpg
    small unk2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 606
  • wht quarts1.jpg
    wht quarts1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 613
  • white quartz2.jpg
    white quartz2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 602
  • yadkin1.jpg
    yadkin1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 607
  • Quartz rough.jpg
    Quartz rough.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post Script

P.S. does anyone know the type shown in pics 7 and 8 ?

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neogeo said:
Great finds...Can I look ya up when it all goes down..lol....I can knapp,and hunt...I could be useful..lol

Hahahaha.... before you know it.... i will have a compound haha. really though.... not to long ago, I would have laughed at anyone who thinks the way i think now. Ive changed :)

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds Airborne and I hope for all our sakes that you are wrong about our great country, but I do agree it's not looking good.

Congrats on getting such a great piece of property with the big bonus of having artifacts on it.

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theviking said:
Nice finds. Good luck with your cabin, if your near any water you should find artifacts. Thanks for the look.H.H.

Thank you. Yes.... in addition to the creek running through the property, there are huge rivers and many lakes in the area. Most of the water is creeks and rivers though and I am studying the history and am impressed and excited.

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SRV said:
Great looking finds Airborne and I hope for all our sakes that you are wrong about our great country, but I do agree it's not looking good.

Congrats on getting such a great piece of property with the big bonus of having artifacts on it.

I hope that I am wrong also my friend. Better to be prepared though. Not parinoid.... just prepared. The time to buy a fire extinguisher is not during the fire... know what I mean?

I am thrilled beyond description about the artifacts that are abound in the area. Everyone I meet shows me boxes and boxes of points and artifacts that they have found. They were born and raised in these mountains and they know the area very well. One guy talked about a burial site on his property. He (thank God) understands that it is hands off but the point is that there are tons of artifacts all over this area.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering where you got to. :hello: I am delighted to hear you have a great place to hunt. Sounds nice there, probably beautiful scenery. I like the mountains.
Looks like you have been cleaning up my friend. Wow you have found quite a few & haven't even started yet. :o
You deserve it though, you have been more than patient. I still think you have a few geo's there.. :D jokin.

Good to see you back & safe. Congrats on your finds & new cabin..( take some pics for us on Daily snapshots)

I'm going back up there next week for vacation..I can't wait, I just love looking for arrows & gold in that there quartz.

Molly. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly said:
I was wondering where you got to. :hello: I am delighted to hear you have a great place to hunt. Sounds nice there, probably beautiful scenery. I like the mountains.
Looks like you have been cleaning up my friend. Wow you have found quite a few & haven't even started yet. :o
You deserve it though, you have been more than patient. I still think you have a few geo's there.. :D jokin.

Good to see you back & safe. Congrats on your finds & new cabin..( take some pics for us on Daily snapshots)

I'm going back up there next week for vacation..I can't wait, I just love looking for arrows & gold in that there quartz.

Molly. :icon_thumleft:

Hahaha.... your funny!!!! I have come a long way and its thanks to you and other folks here that were willing to work with me as I posted rock after pointed rock.... developing my eyes and skills haha. Thank you for that. yes... I will get some pics of the place up. Stay safe my friend.

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Hey brother nice to see ya back, looks like you been busy.
Take care and good luck on the hunts my friend. gotcha
a creek on your property, cant get much better, just walk
out the door and wa laa... Stock up on ammo, the prices
will go thru the roof... JYD...

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUNKYARD DOG said:
Hey brother nice to see ya back, looks like you been busy.
Take care and good luck on the hunts my friend. gotcha
a creek on your property, cant get much better, just walk
out the door and wa laa... Stock up on ammo, the prices
will go thru the roof... JYD...

Roger that brother. I have spent quite a bit on ammo and am reloading the rest. I really do enjoy the creek and the knowledge that there are many wonders to be discovered on the property. I will search every inch in due time :) Hope you are well and good.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Glad to see you back here man, nice looking finds from the Va. mtns. Good luck at your new spot...good place to weather out any incoming storms, preps is key, always have a back up plan, and a home away from home. Yeah things are looking dicey but imo it's global.

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Glad to see you back here man, nice looking finds from the Va. mtns. Good luck at your new spot...good place to weather out any incoming storms, preps is key, always have a back up plan, and a home away from home. Yeah things are looking dicey but imo it's global.

Thank you brother... it's great to be back. As for the other..... I agree with you on all points. Lack of a plan leads to panic. If things go sideways, I will have food, shelter, water and arrowheads hahaha. Stay safe.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
airborne....that is fantastic. i'm happy for you brother......and a bit jealous. good luck, i'm looking forward to seeing your finds. good luck with the shoulder.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Congrats man. I would love to have a place to get away like that.

Chuck

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Hey Airborne! Glad to hear everything is going well. Sounds like you are on a "rock hunters" paradise! I look forward to seeing what you pull out of there. You're off to a good start already! I know what you mean about the issues facing all of us in this country. I've been stocking up on ammo as well. The weird thing is most of the people who used to give me grief about owning assault rifles (in addition to hunting rifles, shotguns, etc.) are now asking me where they could buy one. You couldn't even buy .22 rounds in Lexington earlier this year. People were buying up ammo as soon as it came off the trucks. Hopefully things will turn around soon in this country.

I took my black lab swimming for the first time recently. I was out in the lake and got her to swim out to me. She then swam back to the bank and looked back at me with this expression on her face like she was thinking "Wow! This is really cool!" She jumped right back in again. ;D

Good luck man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread