UPS shipping

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you guys have noticed that UPS is now available with eBay labels. I've used it a few times, but really am not that big a fan of UPS. As some of you know I sell a lot of automotive parts, and it looks like the rates for larger items with UPS are pretty decent. If I've got, say a radiator core support, or fender, or something large like that, can I wrap that in bubble wrap, and then wrap it up with brown paper, and then the shipping plastic wrap and send that with UPS no issues? Do they have any odd shape restrictions? I can't find a whole bunch of info on their regulations

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there's a surcharge on anything not boxed, but shipping as you described is fine. I would ship long 8ft drill rods bundled and then shrink-wrapped only, but I know there was an additional charge. It was like five dollars over what a boxed item would be at the same weight, but that charge might be more now.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there's a surcharge on anything not boxed, but shipping as you described is fine. I would ship long 8ft drill rods bundled and then shrink-wrapped only, but I know there was an additional charge. It was like five dollars over what a boxed item would be at the same weight, but that charge might be more now.

Alright, that would work. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how that surcharge works on eBay labels? I don't have an option to check the oddly shaped or whatever like there used to be on there.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anything that give options described as additional handling charge? I'm thinking that's the terminology ups calls it? Then you gotta read all the details of what that's all about. You might be better off just going to a ups drop off and deal with all that without the ebay rigmarole. I never use any of the ebay ship options. I make my own packing list and labels and handle it all as just a person who has stuff with a price attached. I don't wanna appear to be some business enterprise.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anything that give options described as additional handling charge? I'm thinking that's the terminology ups calls it? Then you gotta read all the details of what that's all about. You might be better off just going to a ups drop off and deal with all that without the ebay rigmarole. I never use any of the ebay ship options. I make my own packing list and labels and handle it all as just a person who has stuff with a price attached. I don't wanna appear to be some business enterprise.

I haven't found it on there yet, but there used to be options for that sort of thing on both USPS and FedEx, so I don't know why UPS wouldn't have them. I may call the company today and ask. The only thing about bringing it into a location is I get a very healthy discount shipping through EBay. We'll see what happens. Thanks again for all of your help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread