Used some tips from Captn_SE and had my best 4 hour hunt EVER. Injuns EVERYWHERE

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I put a couple of Captn_SE's tips to use on this hunt and W@W!!! I've been doing well this year but you can ALWAYS learn from other hunters...and Dan is one of the best. Thanks Bud.
Back to another one of my "hunted out" sites today. Broke my personal 30 year old record with 6 Indian heads in a day. Heck it was ONLY a 4 hour hunt so I shattered it! Four of them are 1800's Injuns and one of them was a whopping 10" deep! This is my first ever Indian head at that depth with the SE. One of them was at 9" and the others were all 7" to 8". Thought I would pop out some Barbers...but the injuns just kept comin' and that's fine by me.
The SE was going DEEEEEEEP today. My favorite find of the day was the sweet Junior Fire Marshall badge at 10" which is in nice shape and clearly dated 1955 right under the deer. Found the watch at 9"...then another piece of it...then the rest of it all within 6" of each other which was pretty cool.
Found a few wheaties..2 of which are 1910 and 1911...so just missed two more injuns. Also found the wedding band at 9" and I believe it's copper but I need to clean it first to see.
So here's the total for the day. SIX Injuns...1891...1896...1897...1898...(2) 1905's.....2 mercs..1925 and 1935...1 silver Roosey....1 sweet badge...1 wedding band....six wheaties...and a watch.
The best 4 hour hunt I can ever remember and the six injuns were all 7" to 10" deep. To have personally POUNDED this place for the last 30 years and to still be able to pull more goodies out with the SE just amazes me. Man I love this hobby!
Thanks for reading and good luck hunting.

Attachments

• coins31.jpg
    coins31.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 891
  • coins32.jpg
    coins32.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 885
  • coins33.jpg
    coins33.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 884
  • coins34.jpg
    coins34.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 885
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and the injuns. And that badge is cool as heck! :D

David n Al

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whtes 6000 Di Pro
Re: Used some tips from Captn_SE and had my best 4 hour hunt EVER. Injuns EVERYW

Great Story and some very nice injuns there....Congrats!!

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Excellent finds Silverfreak! You scared up some nice coinage. WTG.
HH, Mike in NJ

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Used some tips from Captn_SE and had my best 4 hour hunt EVER. Injuns EVERYW

David n Al said:
Great Story and some very nice injuns there....Congrats!!
Thanks David. I like diggin injuns just as much as silver.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
Wow, that was a killer day, bud. Dan does have a lot of class to help you out! HH!
Thanks Bro. I have never had a day where all the coins were coming from crazy depths like that. Dan was right on with what he told me to try.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really hit the jackpot today! Very nice group of finds. . . the badge is cool!

HH!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silverfreak said:
KirkPA said:
Wow, that was a killer day, bud. Dan does have a lot of class to help you out! HH!
Thanks Bro. I have never had a day where all the coins were coming from crazy depths like that. Dan was right on with what he told me to try.
Now i bet you're looking forward to your next hunt even more. ;D

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

Bryce, I'm real happy for you, bud!!! You really had a great 4-hr hunt....It would have been an awesome all day hunt too!!

I'm glad those tips I gave you worked out for you...your machine is HOT-RODDED. Don't dig all those deepies all at once now....save some for future hunts.

Yes, it's a great hobby, and our machines are deep target magnets... ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds silverfreak ! big congrats to you ;) i sure could use a couple tips for my se and maybe i could find me some injuns to ;D

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Wow great bunch of finds, there's plenty more there im thinking.

My first full hunt with the SE under the Capt settings gave me my first Indian which is also my oldest coin to date. This machine sure goes deep and boy it makes them sound real good

wisconsinACE

Sep 16, 2007
Trego Wi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Hey thats a cool badge! I need one of them to go with mine :) Nice job!!
steve

Attachments

• 10 10 07.jpg
    10 10 07.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 10 10 07.jpg
    10 10 07.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 745

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
silverfreak said:
KirkPA said:

Very Nice Finds and in a spot you have hunted for so long. I sure would like to know what he "told you to try"... hint hint... ;) ;)

Backhoe? Dynamite?? Time machine???

Again, Nice finds..

Ed.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Thats some great coinage there! congrats! Were they one ways signals? I find that half of the copper coins that deep only id from from one way. THATS ENOUGH TO FIND EM!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evolution said:
silverfreak said:
KirkPA said:
Now i bet you're looking forward to your next hunt even more. ;D
I'm already looking forward to next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread