Used some tips from Captn_SE and had my best 4 hour hunt EVER. Injuns EVERYWHERE

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I put a couple of Captn_SE's tips to use on this hunt and W@W!!! I've been doing well this year but you can ALWAYS learn from other hunters...and Dan is one of the best. Thanks Bud.
Back to another one of my "hunted out" sites today. Broke my personal 30 year old record with 6 Indian heads in a day. Heck it was ONLY a 4 hour hunt so I shattered it! Four of them are 1800's Injuns and one of them was a whopping 10" deep! This is my first ever Indian head at that depth with the SE. One of them was at 9" and the others were all 7" to 8". Thought I would pop out some Barbers...but the injuns just kept comin' and that's fine by me.
The SE was going DEEEEEEEP today. My favorite find of the day was the sweet Junior Fire Marshall badge at 10" which is in nice shape and clearly dated 1955 right under the deer. Found the watch at 9"...then another piece of it...then the rest of it all within 6" of each other which was pretty cool.
Found a few wheaties..2 of which are 1910 and 1911...so just missed two more injuns. Also found the wedding band at 9" and I believe it's copper but I need to clean it first to see.
So here's the total for the day. SIX Injuns...1891...1896...1897...1898...(2) 1905's.....2 mercs..1925 and 1935...1 silver Roosey....1 sweet badge...1 wedding band....six wheaties...and a watch.
The best 4 hour hunt I can ever remember and the six injuns were all 7" to 10" deep. To have personally POUNDED this place for the last 30 years and to still be able to pull more goodies out with the SE just amazes me. Man I love this hobby!
Thanks for reading and good luck hunting.

Attachments

• coins31.jpg
    coins31.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 891
  • coins32.jpg
    coins32.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 885
  • coins33.jpg
    coins33.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 884
  • coins34.jpg
    coins34.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 885
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman said:
WOW !

It almost seems like some places GROW coins..after they're gone, wait awhile and check again!

Hunts like that is what keeps us coming back for more.

Nice work,
Nat
Thanks Nat. I can't wait to go back for more...but actually I'm going to....cause that makes it that much more fun.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I think reports of the Hotels site's demise are premature.

What a day! All of those Indians look nice, plus silver coins and jewelry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread