V-3 Programs

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is generally best to start with the preset mode and learn what is what before you start using funny settings which may or may not work for you. The manual gives various settings and believing a stranger for settings could waste you a lot of time in the field. Check the White's website too.

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff go to findmall.com and they have programs that you can try....and see what works best for you. Dont limit yourself to the stock programs. There are many out there that you can try that may be just the ticket for what you do. Best of luck.

LittleJohn

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
From experience, the best bet is to start with the program's already loaded and learn them well. I wanted to try different settings because I just was not finding anything; I wasted a lot of time and still did not find anything. The best advice I got was to learn the programs. Once I settled down and reset everything back to the preset mode, I started finding coins and relics. Still learning the V3i, and still hunting in the preset mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread