V3.1 for the XP Deus?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I have to have the "Latest,Greatest" tweeks to any program,I installed V3.1 on my XP Deus! There was supposed to be a problem with the navigation some where in the program. ( I never found them?) There was also a change back to the V2 tones. Having never ran or heard V2 in a Deus,I found the tones to be not what I liked,compared to the tones in V3.0(personal choice)! Now here's where the fly get's into the ointment,you CAN'T Go BACK to the V3.0 tones! On the XP web/site there is a down load option. In the drop down box you have two choices, V2,or V3.1( NO V3.0) ! There is no V3.0 (the one your Machine came with from the factory) If you read all the reasons for the change from V2.0 to V3.0,they were to change the tones,improve the depth of the machine,ect. If you have a new Deus with the factory loaded V3.0 program,you might want to make sure you like the tones (I did) and NOT go to V3.1.:thumb_down: One thing is for sure,if you decide to down load V3.1 ,and don't like the tones,you not going back to Kansas,Dorthy:BangHead:! XP needs to include a "Recovery CD" with the machine( just like you get or have on your PC),that way you could go back to the orginal program,if you wanted to,or they could have 3 versions on the CD/download site of, V2,V3,V3.1 !:thumbsup: Ron

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info great machine I to just started tweekin some programs of my own this is a great fast machine anothr note alot easier to learn & make programs then my v3i obviosly alot less things to do making it easier both just awesome but wanted to throw out its a great detector with lots of fast power with a quick learning Curve still learning it myself but not as much as Ud think it would b on a high end detector

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,it really talks to ya,just almost like the ATP,but it will tell ya it's a bottle cap,instead of a quarter. Of all the stuff I've dug using the Deus,I've only got fooled once,and dug one bottle cap!:thumbsup: Went out last night and tried a program. Man it was hot,and I only hunted a short while,but I got it back into coin sucking mode!:thumbsup: I found this ring at 6 inches in clay! That impressed me as to the depth of this machine! Ron
00122_zpsd9d56568.jpg
0082_zpsa46fbe96.jpg

Last edited:

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, I am curious, just what do you mean by "Tell ya when its a bottle cap instead of a quarter"? Can you elaborate. I just got an XP Deus and I am wondering if it is what I think ? Only used it once.

Thanks Ed D.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron, I am curious, just what do you mean by "Tell ya when its a bottle cap instead of a quarter"? Can you elaborate. I just got an XP Deus and I am wondering if it is what I think ? Only used it once.

Thanks Ed D.

Several ways but the best and quickest is the coil drag back method.

Center the target and make very small sweeps left and right while slowly pulling the coil to you. As the target drops off the end of the coil it will either get audibly very bad or stay the same. If it stays the same its a coin!

Also turning the silencer up will identify BC but lose you depth.

Hope that helps.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually dig crown caps when I am clearing an area to get to the deeper coins. I have been fooled into thinking a coin was a cap because of its close proximity to iron.
Wiggle back method works but its not 100% in trashy areas. Another method is to gradually raise the coil as you sweep the target. If the TID rises its non-ferrous like a coin, if it stays the same or drops, its a cap.
The crown cap will also have a smaller footprint than a dime or penny as you sweep over it, but so does small jewelry like an earring. Frequency change method is a very good way to distinguish between the two.
But as you dig and get familiar with the Deus, you will get very good at IDing caps without all the genuflexing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread