V3i backlit display

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had about 1/2 hour before dark and decided to take my V3i out to a local little league park to detect around the areas where people sit and watch the games. It's usually a clad-fest, which is fun when you only have a limited time.
This was the first time I really had the V3i out not in the middle off the day or in sunlight.
I will admit that it is absolutely amazing! I attached a few pics. One is of it when it was just starting to get dark, and the backlit helped out, and another picture of it at night. I was impressed! The HD screen was sooo nice but even the buttons are made of not backlit, but of a kind of glow-in-the-dark, which also helped!
Anyone as impressed as me about this? I know there are backlit screens out there, and I have them on my other detectors, but, this was impressive!

Attachments

• 2013-09-07 ball park ring.jpg
    2013-09-07 ball park ring.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2013-09-07 V3i night.jpg
    2013-09-07 V3i night.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 104

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
Its a great screen. I hit the parks in full sun shine and the screen does not get washed out. Whites did a great job w this detector.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day or night the v3i screens look great, but I hear ya,its definetly an advantage getting to c the screens in pitch black

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am in deep problem with my back lit I beleave I hire the number and I lower them and I cant get it to shine in the dark. I have the bulb icon on the screen Should I be worryed? Since I never was caught in the dark I really had no knowledge of a possible malfunktion. if it wasn't for this post I wouldn't be curious to test it out in the front of my home. Thanks for any aid. "LP"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread