Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thereā€™s a lot to say about the Whiteā€™s V3i, Iā€™ve owned mine for a year.
The V3i has got to be the king of settings, it has a setting for just about everything, and even the settings can be broken down to fine tune the setting.
After having said that, it really is a turn on and go machine. Just pick your program for your hunt and go.
I have 3 favorite programs, the Coin & Jewelry, High Trash and Deep Silver. With each of those programs I make a few simple adjustments for the area I hunt. Iā€™m starting to like Mixed High Pro the more I use it.
If you just want to make basic adjustments itā€™s easy to do on the fly or if you want to dig deep into the machineā€™s settings and set it up to find coins only on Mars you could probable do that also.
One of the nice things is, if you get the machine way out of whack with wrong settings you can restore the program back to factory original and start tweaking all over again.
I havenā€™t found anything reel deep but I was impressed I found a zinc penny measured at 9 inches lying at a 45 degree angle. Iā€™ve also found coins that I have passed over with other machines in the past because of nearby trash or trash in the same hole.
It really is a great machine and worth ever dollar paid, it sets the bar high for other machines to follow.
It has a few draw backs that I can see:
Itā€™s a heavy machine, took me 2 weeks of swinging before I didnā€™t notice its weight.
Itā€™s easy to get lost in the menus, I think Whiteā€™s could of done a better job on itā€™s lay out.
Last thing is, for the life of me I canā€™t figure out why they didnā€™t make it so you can plug it into yur computer. That would have been a cool feature. Design a program and upload it into the machine or share with others and everybody could tweak on it. Hint Hint Carl

Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 for a USB plug. I would love to try out a whole slew of programs but making sure you are setting everything up 100% takes a ton of time. I'd even go as far as having a disk with software for tweaking your programs then just porting them back to the detector.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could you imagine a program on your computer that would help you set up your machine for a hunt. As you make an adjustment it could warn you that another setting my need adjusting for optimum performance and each setting could be linked to a YouTube video describing an in depth explanation of it.

I would pay for that upgrade! :hello:

Right now I set down at the couch with headphones on and detector by my side and it takes me any where from an 1/2 to an hour setting up one of Fox's programs or anyone elses. And then take it out to the field only to have it not work the way you wanted it to. Or setup your own program only to find out it couldn't find it's way back into it's bag for the trip home :tongue3:

I do love my V3i :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the Vision when they first came out and love using it. Compared to my 6000 Di Pro, it's a light-weight but my gf used it the other week and she insisted it was too heavy for her after about a half hour or so. :dontknow:

The best feature of it is the tweek and go feature.

I had the DFX for a couple years and every tweek was "Stop, scroll thru menu, adjust, rebalance, go" The Vision, "stop, scroll thru menu if the one you want isn't already displayed, tweek, go"
I like the way the menu layout is with the most common adjustments right in the initial menu screen.

The target ID is awesome on it. First time out with it I was able to ID zinc pennies and NOT dig em. :thumbsup:

I'm not considering upgrading it to the V3i. I like the fact I have an original and love it the way it is. I think my serial number is in the 500 number sequence, so it was truely, One of the first.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions