V3i perk... replacable LCD screen cover

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing that I always try to do with a new detector, and Lord knows I seem to always have 2-3 juggling, is get a rain cover for my detectors. Not just for the weather, but to prevent the screen from getting any scratches on it. Nothing cosmetic takes the value off a metal detector than having a nice scratch or gouge in the screen. It's also annoying having to look at the same scratch across on the screen. Most options are to send the detector in, I guess? I have always been careful, so I don't know. Some screens scratch easier than others. The Fisher's F-series screens scratch SO EASILY. I would just wipe the dust off my F2 with a soft cloth and I could see the scratches in the light. My T2 was the same way. My AT Pro seems more durable, but a nice muddy glove or sharp tree branch could do a nice number on a clear screen, especially when in nasty weather testing the all-terrain of it.
My V3i has such a sweet color HD screen that I got a cover for it. I then got something off of a friend and was surprised it was an option! I replaceable LCD screen cover for the V3i! You can see it in the picture. It was just a few $$ too! What a great idea! It allows you to replace the LCD screen cover very easily and without having to send the unit in to have it done... or at least, not trying some home-made winging-it replacement. get a scratch on the screen?... no problem!
I avoided White's for 2 years because of that box under the arm cuff, but MAN!... they have done their homework and have some sweet machines and options!

Attachments

• 2013-04-30 V3i screen.jpg
    2013-04-30 V3i screen.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 502

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
white's don't mess a round

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All their LCD screen covers are user replaceable. I've also replaced more than a couple meters and lenses on their analog machines.

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish Fisher took a lesson!

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So where did you get it from?

Whiteselectronics.com
Look for the "products" tab, then the "accessories" tab, then parts. If you are unable to find any part you need, simply call White's and tell them what you are looking for.

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whiteselectronics.com
Look for the "products" tab, then the "accessories" tab, then parts. If you are unable to find any part you need, simply call White's and tell them what you are looking for.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a few screen covers for my v3i last week and got them in the mail within a few days, with free shipping. You gotta love White's! Looking at scratches on your screen is annoying.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely agree with u scratches just don't like them when I got my new v3i figured aventually it would get scratched picked up a couple from same whites site very good customer service & quick to ship

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread