Vacation Day 3, Wolf & Heart Danced Under the Coil

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left out this morning and went to a prime property and knocked, no one home. :BangHead: So I went to an old farm house about 2.5 miles from my house. Again no one home except for the dog. :BangHead: Drove down another side road to get permission on a real old farm. The lady came out and stated that they rent and I'd have to ask the owner. :BangHead: So I ended up hunting in the woods at one of those old farm house sites I mentioned yesterday. Wow, found it too hard to swing with all the small trees and undergrowth. Maybe better to hit it again in early winter. :dontknow: So I cruised around town and and knocked on another door. Chatted with the elderly lady for a few and then asked if I could detect her yard. Her smile disappeared and then had a bewildered look and replied calmly "not today"... Reading between the lines it meant (Over my dead body). :censored: So I went to the park up town. They have have plenty of events there so clad and scout slides are the norm. My 1st target was a 1936 wheat at 6 inches and I also dug the neat silver wolf pin there. :icon_thumright:
45 minutes passed and the target density was low so off I went to try for a permission, one more time. While driving down a side street in town, I noticed two young ladies on the porch of the house I knocked at last Sunday. One of them rents the place and gave me the okay to hunt it whenever I want. :occasion14: Needless to say I completed a single grid on the whole yard in a couple of hours. Pulled two 1914 wheats early and had silver dancing in my mind. Pulled plenty of clad, but no other keeper coins. I was certain I was gonna dig a silver half when I heard a sweet high tone with an 85 VDI, but it turned out to be that cool 1/2 cent bank token from 1918. :thumbsup: Another high signal that I was hoping for a silver dime ended up being that silver heart Locket. :award_star_silver_3 All in all not a bad day, great weather and swinging the coil until dinner time.

Token

20160921_164457.jpg 20160921_164516.jpg

Today's Notable Finds

20160921_164441.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20160921_164354.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Attachments

• 20160921_164457.jpg
    20160921_164457.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160921_164516.jpg
    20160921_164516.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
Upvote 13

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your making this a long week for us poor working stiffs. Nice finds Bud. Good luck tomorrow [emoji256]

HH RN

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GL & HH[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I cant due to the severe flooding and heavy rain in the area. However, Next week I will just double up out there. Nice finds on your hand none the less!

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Loco. Tokens are one of my personal favorites ,that one is in great shape too man,and got that date. wtg

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Another cool token! That is an awesome find, congratulations on the rest!
[emoji41][emoji106][emoji482]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, you were very busy today! Looks like a very productive day and finding a cool token is a great addition to your collection. :occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a howl of a hunt!

Sorry, that joke sucked.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your making this a long week for us poor working stiffs. Nice finds Bud. Good luck tomorrow [emoji256]

HH RN

Sorry r n, just trying to make up for lost time during the dry July and August and thanks

GL & HH

Unfortunately I cant due to the severe flooding and heavy rain in the area. However, Next week I will just double up out there. Nice finds on your hand none the less!

HH

Hockey_Detectorist[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the wet weather. Hope you get some great halo effects on good targets next week. :icon_thumright:

Nice hunt Loco. Tokens are one of my personal favorites ,that one is in great shape too man,and got that date. wtg

Thanks DI, it's a keeper for sure, not many of mine have dates, but most can be dated with some research.

WOW! Another cool token! That is an awesome find, congratulations on the rest!
[emoji41][emoji106][emoji482]

Thanks DD

Wow, you were very busy today! Looks like a very productive day and finding a cool token is a great addition to your collection. :occasion14:

Thanks P.O.E. yes I was busy when swinging, but driving around looking for a permission ate up some of the time. Still better than being at the OFFICE.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done,, good total on the clad.
I really like the Silver Wolf.
Congrats

Thanks ATW, the wolf will look nice with other finds in one of the 5 printer drawers I have mounted on walls.

Looks like you had a howl of a hunt!

Sorry, that joke sucked.

LOL, :laughing7: Thanks Dave. I almost used the title "I heart Dancing With the Wolves", but I figured many may have thought it was a movie review. :dontknow:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find the silver tomorrow. Good luck!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some very nice finds the wolf and the token that's a nice piece of history I'm glad your enjoying your vacation Loco keep up the permissions I know I haven't yet but befor winter comes I have 2 I'm going to get one is to hunt down the owner of an old drive in from the 40s 50s site is for sale I think Ill start with the realty co next 2 old abandon homes near my house Thanks for sharing loco

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you find the silver tomorrow. Good luck!

Thanks S.C., you and me both. Dug silver today, but need more silver coins.

Those are some very nice finds the wolf and the token that's a nice piece of history I'm glad your enjoying your vacation Loco keep up the permissions I know I haven't yet but befor winter comes I have 2 I'm going to get one is to hunt down the owner of an old drive in from the 40s 50s site is for sale I think Ill start with the realty co next 2 old abandon homes near my house Thanks for sharing loco

Thanks A2, If places are being sold, why would they allow someone to dig on the property to possibly deface it? We need to talk sometime, maybe tomorrow. I'll PM you my number. Is 7pm a good time for you?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco, great finds, awesome token! This Ohio boy is working in Denver, CO this week, so I'm enjoying watch your week unfold..keep up the good work, enjoy the weather and keep posting...ddf

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the token. I'm familiar with the " not today". Congratulations on the finds you did save.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread