When do two old coppers equal .07 Cents ?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When one is a 2 Cent piece and the other is a "Good for 5 Cents" token. Still been working yards in a small Illinois town until the farmers get in their fields ( which by the way is now ). Took the good old CZ 5 on this outing, and it still never ceases to amaze me. The 2 Cent piece is an 1865 and I'm still researching the token. The token says " Fred Floyd South Wilmington Illinois - Good for 5 Cents in trade ". Thats my fourth 2 Center and seventh "Good for" token in 3 months. Its been a great year so far. Hope everyone is making some finds.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 18

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! Frederick John Floyd was the proprietor of a pool room in South Wilmington in 1920. Earlier, in 1910 and in 1918, he just said that he was a self-employed merchant. Please post pics of the token to tokencatalog.com - also the others you've found if they are not already there.
John in the Great 208

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one's. Just found my first 2 cent piece today. I Thought it was a shield nickel when I dug it. Wanna post it but my camera battery is charging. Sweet token 2

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the 2 cent piece and cool token! :occasion14:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two very nice fines! Congrats and HH

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Most old tokens are better than coins and a 2Β’ piece is fantastic. Wonderful finds

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I cant imagine finding one of those let alone two I'm still trying to fill my display cases Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the two center and the token. A couple great finds.

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Frederick John Floyd was the proprietor of a pool room in South Wilmington in 1920. Earlier, in 1910 and in 1918, he just said that he was a self-employed merchant. Please post pics of the token to tokencatalog.com - also the others you've found if they are not already there.
John in the Great 208
Thanks for the info John. I just found the token a few days ago and usually research my finds on the weekend. You made this one easy for me. Ron

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one's. Just found my first 2 cent piece today. I Thought it was a shield nickel when I dug it. Wanna post it but my camera battery is charging. Sweet token 2
Congrats on your first 2 Cent Piece.

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most old tokens are better than coins and a 2Β’ piece is fantastic. Wonderful finds
Thanks Scuba. I would tend to agree with you. The coins are great to dig, but the designs are the same. The tokens seem to be an endless supply of designs, denominations, sizes etc. I like digging every one of them. Not that I'm bored with 2 cent pieces, but this last one I dug looks like the first one I dug 20 years ago !

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one illinoian and cz user to another nice finds.
Thanks Mike. I like my CZ 5 so much, that I found a great deal on another one and bought it just in case something happens to my first one. I just cant see the need to upgrade as long as this detector makes me so many great finds. I do use a Minelab, but for different hunting situations. My default detector is the CZ 5.

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging those 2 keepers. I'd guess the token is from the civil war era when people were afraid of paper money and hoarded coins.

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on digging those 2 keepers. I'd guess the token is from the civil war era when people were afraid of paper money and hoarded coins.
Thanks Loco. Research shows its a little newer than Civil War era. Its actually early 1920's. I've been hunting 3 or 4 small towns here, and they are only a mile apart in any direction. Been doing real good with the "Good For" tokens this year. All of these towns were booming in the late 1800's early 1900's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions