Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post and thanks, but I'm with Spartacus, cause there's many folks that have no clue who this guy was. Maybe though, Burnt Chimney, you caused a little spark of curiousity and folks will go research him.

OP
OP
Burnt Chimney

Burnt Chimney

Nov 14, 2008
Hornet Nest North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT F-75 AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Good post and thanks, but I'm with Spartacus, cause there's many folks that have no clue who this guy was. Maybe though, Burnt Chimney, you caused a little spark of curiousity and folks will go research him.
That's the reason for the title just to stir a little thought for those that don't know of the place or the Man . Sorry guys I meant no disrespect , but you can faintly make out the name on stone base.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I had to research to make sure I had the right guy :laughing7: I thought it was York, but then again, it could have been any doughboy for that matter. :tongue3: I just knew of his actions, not where he was born, or little else about him except for his war record. There was a song about him too if I recall correctly. :icon_scratch:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you meant no disrespect, Burnt Chimney. His family was just like mine, Scot-Irish, Cherokee, and Choctaw. My God, the things he did in battle. He was either really p*ssed off or scared sh*tless. I liked that he tried to look out for and take care of his people after he got home from the war. Thanks for bringin him up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread